Those with externally polished Eaton's chime in...

boomer003

Established Member
What are you guys using to keep the Eaton looking good. I tried some metal polish today and it just dulled the finish. Apten can't tell me what to use. Any info would help.

JDV

Rsrved 4 sumthin clever
Established Member
Wenol. There is a red and a blue. One is coarser cut than the other. Use the finer one for polish, courser one for if its got some bad spots. IVe used it on billet and polished alum on street rods for a long time now. Follow with a good wax to keep it shiney.

GL!

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
I plan to have my spare polished for shows getting everthing together for chroming. Obviously the eaton cant be. I thought about using somthing people swear by called Zoop. I think but its $$$ like 100+ maybe. They say its great though Let me know what works

Steve Snake Driver

Established Member
Originally posted by Cobra10thaniv
I plan to have my spare polished for shows getting everthing together for chroming. Obviously the eaton cant be. I thought about using somthing people swear by called Zoop. I think but its $$$ like 100+ maybe. They say its great though Let me know what works

Go to the Eastwood site. They have tons of polishing stuff you can use in a drill and the various polishing compounds you use with the buffs. If you try to keep it super shiny by hand you'll probably go nuts.

boomer003

Established Member
If it's too much trouble for you, I'll just trade you....lol

Not to much trouble, just trying to keep it looking nice. Sambandit, are you going racing Sat? If so, I will see you there.

3GROC

Established Member
anyone with pics of a finished project? Id love to do that to mine. do youall keep it on the car? when I repolished my rimsand when we polish frames at work the are obvioudly off of whatever so just wondering

Fang

Established Member
Better yet you don't need to be spending your time polishing. I will help you out and trade you mine. It is much easier maintenance and you will feel safer in the helm. All that extra speed can't be healthy.

Users who are viewing this thread