Those With Expensive Spark Plugs

stangin

Established Member
For those of you who have those $60 - $70 set of plugs, or anyone really, any brand of plug - you might want to get one of these:

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=32860

Good ole Harbor Freight.. I have used one of these plug cleaners for years. They work great and return the filthyiest plugs to brand new condition, even cleans the threads of the plug. It uses a very fine abrasive and blasts them to brand new again. You cant tell they were used plugs. Be sure to hold onto the plug or it will blow it out the hole. Unless the electrode wears down you can use this over and over again and save a lot of $ on plugs. Its well worth the $16.99 and sometimes they go on sale for $9.99.

I just replaced my stock plugs with TR6's at 5000 miles, its a good idea to put antiseize on the new plug threads so the metal does not seize to the aluminum head. I always do this on aluminum headed cars, especially if the plugs going in have any iron as the two metals tend to fuse together. The threads were really dry and the old plugs squeeked on the way out. I was pretty amazed, the stock plugs looked a little darker than I expected so it cant be overly lean.

Cheers!

raptorman02

Established Member
That is one tool I always mean to get from Harbor but never remember when I get there. I have the Platinum +4's in my TA and hate cleaning every little Electrode when there are 4. I always end up leaving that damn store with stuff I didn't go for and half of what I went for, arrrrrrr.

Users who are viewing this thread