Those with euro black headlights....

Cobreezy

Established Member
Love them or hate them?:shrug: They look pretty much like OEM, except for the side marker reflectors are clear, not amber. I believe the lens is not smoked. Those that have them on their ride can vouch for that. I'm looking to get a pair from stangmods.com because they're having a sale up to 01/31/09. 6.5% off sale!:banana: The package i'm looking at comes with the euro black hedlights and chrome/amber signal bulbs. $196 delivered to my door. Worth it?

Here's the link:

Mustang Smoked Headlamp Package

Slow99x

Established Member
I bought my set from americanmuscle.com when I had a 99 Cobra (chrome headlights). I changed them over to my Terminator because I don't like the amber corners. I haven't had any problems with them and I run 6000k plug and play HIDs.

Slow99x

Established Member
Nope. I've had my car outside in all types of weather (I live in Chicago) and no signs of fogging.

01_OXFORD_SVT

10th Anni FTMFW
Established Member
I also have the ones from americanmuscle.com and the drivers side housing just started to fog up... I've had them on the car for 6 months maybe?

black 10th vert

Established Member
I've read that ALL aftermarket headlight housings need to be sealed with silicone on the seams, or they will eventually leak, and have water , or fog inside.

x NOODLES x

Big Hitter da LLama!
Established Member
Worst case scenerio you can drill a 1/64" hole in the corner (NEVER NOTICEABLE) and it fixes the fogging problem.

Terrminatted

Turtle Man
Established Member
My stock headlight on my passenger side has started to fog. Could i just drill that hole and it will fix it? I've took a hair dryer to it and tried to dry it up but it keeps coming back.

x NOODLES x

Big Hitter da LLama!
Established Member
My stock headlight on my passenger side has started to fog. Could i just drill that hole and it will fix it? I've took a hair dryer to it and tried to dry it up but it keeps coming back.

Back in my "working for a tuner company" days, we drilled no less than 100 headlights w/ fogging problems, and after that they never came back.

Speaks for itself if you ask me... :shrug:

desert_gypsy

Headbutting the horizon
Established Member
i've read somewhere that putting the housings on a cookie sheet and sticking them in the oven @ 100F for a few minutes will soften the glue to the point you can pull them apart with a little help from a table knife. I dont know if the aftermarket headlamp assy's are glued or just snapped together. Whatever the case may be, be very careful of the clips on the housings. Clear silicon, applied correctly, will seal the headlamps indefinitely.

Users who are viewing this thread