those with '00 r hoods....

2000SuperStang

Project SuperStang
Established Member
The underside of my '00 Cobra R Hood is unfinished fiberglass from Ford. It's painted, but just doesn't look nice and clean. Anything I can do to make it look cleaner? I was thinking of getting a hood mat for it, but there's no holes for it to attach like a stock hood. Any ideas are appreciated.

1967eleanor

factory spoiler delete yo
Established Member
The underside of my '00 Cobra R Hood is unfinished fiberglass from Ford. It's painted, but just doesn't look nice and clean. Anything I can do to make it look cleaner? I was thinking of getting a hood mat for it, but there's no holes for it to attach like a stock hood. Any ideas are appreciated.

youd have to fiberglass the bottom or use filler

2000SuperStang

Project SuperStang
Established Member
did the '00 R's come with a mat? I didnt think they would since they made as many weight reductions as possible. Didn't even have a radio or a/c. Do you think a 99-01 would fit properly?

2000SuperStang

Project SuperStang
Established Member
Shit man. I mis-read your question. I don't have the blanket.

I was talking about my hood fitment...lol The way the hood is designed I don't see how one could be used.

lol. No problem. Is yours also unfinished fiberglass underneath? Did you do anything to make it look better? You have pics with your hood up?

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
I just painted it. It looks ok. I'm not really into shows. I prefer to beat on my car like it owes me money.

Here is the only pic I have of the underhood:

Snake Eyes

Established Member
If you arnt worried about adding a little weight, you could add a skim coat of bondo to the underside, sand then repaint it. That would smooth it all out.

E. Green Cobra

Bounced in the 1st!
Established Member
Theres got to be some sort of fastener system out there, like hook and loop that would work in this situation... Mine is just painted a flat black, I don't mind it.

2000SuperStang

Project SuperStang
Established Member
virtualsvt, did you ever get rid of your hood prop for hood struts?? I want to but Im afraid I might damage the lightweight '00 r hood......

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
I've thought about it. I'm upgrading to a C/F 00R if I don't sell the car in March/April.

I'm still torn to see if they are gonna be too much. I think I'll go MRT so I don't have to put rivets in the hood itself.

2000SuperStang

Project SuperStang
Established Member
I've thought about it. I'm upgrading to a C/F 00R if I don't sell the car in March/April.

I'm still torn to see if they are gonna be too much. I think I'll go MRT so I don't have to put rivets in the hood itself.

I want to use them to get rid of the shitty hood prop, but everywhere that sells them, says not for use on lightweight hoods

Users who are viewing this thread