Those who recently bought/sold a Term, ? for ya

TeddyKGB

Drunk on Power
Established Member
For those that have recently bought or sold a Terminator, what is the market like out there?

I am considering selling my Terminator and was just curious what is the normal price range they are going for these days? I tried to read the Terminator Buy/Sell forum here but 1) its filled with a bunch of yahoos and 2) not many for sale around here.

So for a 03 Vert with mods (below in sig) that is ~23K miles and rarely driven, what would be a solid price range?

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
I put mine up for sale at 22k and it sold reasonably quickly. I probably could have gotten more for it (2.4KB, 28k miles), but the problem is banks. Most banks won't loan much more than blue book, so you'll have to wait for someone that has enough cash to spend that they can either buy it outright, or have something to plunk down on top of blue book.

I decided I didn't want to wait, so I sold mine for blue book.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Jeremy, I would suggest checking out Autotrader and Craig's List and starting there. Usually a different pricing structure than the cars that are for sale here on SVTP. I found my GT500 on Craig's List and sold my 03' through Autotrader.

SVTP's Market Forum is a true buyers market both in pricing and ability to research the history of the car through thread and post searches. You have a very rare Cobra that is in meticulous condition and the buyer that can appreciate that is certainly out there. But with 28,000 GT500's now cruising around and their used pricing starting to come down significantly, more and more folks are opting for the newer and more technolgically advanced platform. You may have to be patient to sell for a reasonable price.

ruarkkustomz

F8LBITE
Established Member
i just bought an 03 cobra vert in va beach with 75k miles and throttle body, intake, 4lb lower for 16,000 a few months ago.

TeddyKGB

Drunk on Power
Established Member
Thanks Mike and Dwight!

DG, I search Craigslist for the last week and didnt see one listed. I will have to keep looking.

Mike you are right about where I was thinking 22-24K. I dont have the KB but a few less miles and like dwight mentioned the MG vert is rare so it might offset some.

I have only put about 2K on the car in the last 2 years so every once in a while I think about selling it and either going old school (67-69 Fastback/GTA) or going totally new (Comp O 2012 Boss). But like many things I am slow to make a move and over analyze the crap out of it.

Dreddstang

Wing-Less Bastard!!
Established Member
With that milage if the car is that clean, 22-24 would be reasonable. I looked for several months before just recently buying my SB vert. There are A LOT of people asking 25+ for these cars with very low miles and a few bolt-ons.....but they don't typically sell for that much. These just are not $30K cars anymore (for the most part).

On the other hand, I don't see the price dropping much further any time soon for those with no real milage on them.

I was all over finding a SB vert, my second color choice was MG. I'll tell you though, there are not many of either colors out there, esp in convertible! :thumbsup:

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
No problem. Just so you know, I also sold my car through autotrader. I got tons of calls for it too, including some guy named Vince Papali (sp) who dropped his name like 4 times...I had no idea who the hell he was until after the conversation though.

mystic04

Established Member
I just sold my mystic posted here and a guy from Az took her home . price is all depends on who, wants it and how much one is willing to pay for what they want. pricing i checked yahoo on the net for a 300 miles around to see what they were going for and priced mine a a tad higher than most because of it being a mystic and had only 11k on it. i got very close to what i listed it for.i expected not to get the price i was asking for but was within what i was looking to take.Had a few low baller's as always.

Users who are viewing this thread