Those who have 03/04 cobra PRP

lowranger96

Established Member
I'm tuning a friend's modfox with 03 cobra motor, ported eaton, and pulley. running it off a 96 cobra ecu and i'm writing the tune to pretty much mimic an 03 tune. nothing crazy..

im wondering if someone can tell me what the manifold volume is set to in a stock 03/04 tune. And possibly post a screen shot of some of the transient fuel tables so that i can simply compare to what ive got and get it as close to a stock running cobra for him as possible. thanks guys.

Car made 500rwhp/540rwtq spiking 14# then settling at 12 on a fast efi classic ecu, but idle and driveability weren't so hot. We think there should be more in it than that, but the tuner was told safe so that's what we got.

cj428mach

Established Member
The stock manifold volume is 10, so its really easy to multiply it by your scaling percentage.

I thought I read that the SCT basically has an "03 Cobra tune" value file that you can load in when working on another strategy/ecm.

lowranger96

Established Member
right on thanks. I'm not using PRP, I'm using a quarterhorse and binary editor. so i'm not able to look at much in PRP since the license that I do have is for a 2.5 ranger ecu.

This ecu shouldn't require any scaling as it doesn't have the air flow max clip like the newer ecu's have.

ctgreddy

Established Member
I'd be happy to help but wont be able to get to my tuning computer for a couple days, if you cant find anything by then I'll take some screen shots for you.

But as for power wise that sounds right, 500whp with a ported eaton is about normal. they're usually in that 490-520 range depending on what port/pulley combo and the 540tq is really good so I wouldn't be too ashamed of those numbers.

lowranger96

Established Member
okay thanks^^^ sounds good.. he's still working on wiring the new computer into the car so i have a little time before he's going to be able to fire it up

Users who are viewing this thread