Those who are running the Boss Manifold...

msc111

Established Member
Awesome, thanx for the replys. Thats more or less what i was thinking. I dk if i wanna push it much more than 7500..

alex12gt

Established Member
Why set your shift light at 7500 you have to account for reaction and i wouldnt wana be bouncing it that high i normally set mine 100-200 before

ViciousJay

Established Member
im manual... why a new clutch? what do you reccomend?

the stock clutch is on borrowed time with the Boss manifold because of the high shifting. It cant take the abuse for very long. I recommend the Boss Clutch, or Mcloed

ryan.garcia2733

Established Member
Idk y everyone says that the clutch is gonna give? There are a lot of ppl here shifting at 7500 rpm with the stock clutch and hAve been doing so for a while and no clutch issues. The clutch will hold go fine don't worry too much about it unless u start making a lot more power. But just bolts ons, u should be fine don't stress it.

ViciousJay

Established Member
Idk y everyone says that the clutch is gonna give? There are a lot of ppl here shifting at 7500 rpm with the stock clutch and hAve been doing so for a while and no clutch issues. The clutch will hold go fine don't worry too much about it unless u start making a lot more power. But just bolts ons, u should be fine don't stress it.

Cuz it wont last forever, the material isnt strong enough to hold the pressure and heat from the HIGH ROM SHIFTS. Its been tested multiple times!

F2kmech

Established Member
Getting back to shift points, I am with the others exept I have my light set at 7200-7300 rpm so I can shift at 7500. I have my soft rev limter set at 7500. It just makes me feel better. I tried shifting at or just before 7000 at the track and time suffered. Taking it into the 7000+ region is what it likes. I am also running 4.10 gears. Shifting into 5th before crossing the line is hurting my times though.

ViciousJay

Established Member
Getting back to shift points, I am with the others exept I have my light set at 7200-7300 rpm so I can shift at 7500. I have my soft rev limter set at 7500. It just makes me feel better. I tried shifting at or just before 7000 at the track and time suffered. Taking it into the 7000+ region is what it likes. I am also running 4.10 gears. Shifting into 5th before crossing the line is hurting my times though.

use a 3.90 gear and you'll be at the top of 4th

wbt

Banned
Thanx, but i didnt find to much.

Hmmmmm.......I did a search against: boss intake shift points

I came up with 10 results of which the first hit had the info you are looking for.....

search.png

msc111

Established Member
Thanx for the info, ill check those out. I dont really drive my car hard at all, only when im at strip which isnt offten..

the stock clutch is on borrowed time with the Boss manifold because of the high shifting. It cant take the abuse for very long. I recommend the Boss Clutch, or Mcloed

msc111

Established Member
Im running 373's and stock i would have to shift in to 5th just before crossing. Hopefuly now i wont have to. Would 410s give it more or less gear?

msc111

Established Member
Thanx for the reply but i did see that thread. I didnt say i wasnt able to find anything, i just said i didnt find much.

Hmmmmm.......I did a search against: boss intake shift points

I came up with 10 results of which the first hit had the info you are looking for.....

search.png

Users who are viewing this thread