Those tuned by Lidio

dun4791

Established Member
Does Lidio tune using the MAF transfer to compensate for load/spark? Or does he manipulate the WOT fuel tables?

Experiences.........

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
OMG...I just realized I forgot to respond to your PM Lyle.....I'm sorry man, I haven't been keeping up with things very well lately :bash:

I know that Jerry Wroblewski personally trained Lidio on SCT and called him one of his best students....in fact, he said he would even be comfortable letting him tune his own vehicles!

Jerry was the one to coin the term "raping the tune" and has always been very vocal about it, in regards to using WOT tables rather than MAF so I'm sure Lidio knows the proper way to tune

although I've never been tuned there I heard that he's meticulous, taking a lot of time to tweak till perfect

Last edited:

vector

1st Whipple in the 10's
Established Member
As far as i know lidio tunes by maf anyone who doesnt shouldnt be tuning.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I never asked when he did any of my 3 cars.
I'm also not sure tuning styles/secrets should be shared like that in public anyway without his permission.
I paid $500 cash courtesy of MCT.
-J

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
biminiLX said:
I'm also not sure tuning styles/secrets should be shared like that in public anyway without his permission.
-J

you're kidding, right? :dw:

dougwg

Established Member
biminiLX said:

IIRC Jerry has said this himself in articles that he has written :shrug:

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
JB said:
you're kidding, right? :dw:
No, why would you think that.
I fail to realize how you think that discussing specifics of how a businessman goes about his business on a public forum without his permission is a legit thing to do.
I know its not a 'secret' issue or even a big deal, but my point is that if you have a question like that, call the man and ask.
-J

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
No problem Doug.
I'm not sure how thats public knowledge really, but maybe it is.
I guess I just don't understand why the question was asked. After dealing with custom cam guys, aftermarket engine mgmt tuners, etc., I've learned many things are propritary (sp?) and are not necessarily to be discussed without permission.
Being in the business and having others copy you, I thought you might think different.
Oh well, its no big deal and I wasn't really trying to start anything, just didn't necessarily agree or understand why this is discussed. I'm done on the topic.
-J

dougwg

Established Member
What I'm saying is that Jerry himself has written online articles stating this and those are public knowledge.

So, no permission is needed to talk about this stuff.

now if we were talking about source code for SCT softwareor something like that, yes I and everyone else including JB would have issue with that...

Smell what I'm stepping in?

BTW: I do nothing that can't be done at 1000 other machine shops in Michigan.... I simple choose to do it, where they have not.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Cool man, I understand. :beer:
I guess I was just more defensive on the topic because I had an hour conversation with a well-known tuner this weekend and one of the topics was other people 'use' one persons work without permission. I'm not saying thats what is happening here, but it is fresh in my mind.
-J

Blue03

Established Member
dougwg said:
now if we were talking about source code for SCT software or Billetflow's super secret Terminator projects it would definitely be an issue.

:poke: :-D :banana: :pepper:

JP

Peoples Choice 1st Place
Established Member
The SCT tunning software and shared knowledge between tuners is what has made SCT the leading tunning software. Multiple performance shops with high quality tuners sharing information is a good thing.
The ability of the individual tuner and they way he may tweek your tune is what sets apart the good from bad.
You can buy the software and tune yourself if you feel the need to learn more.

JP

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
biminiLX said:
Cool man, I understand. :beer:
I guess I was just more defensive on the topic because I had an hour conversation with a well-known tuner this weekend and one of the topics was other people 'use' one persons work without permission. I'm not saying thats what is happening here, but it is fresh in my mind.
-J

OK, I can appreciate where you're coming from now.....no harm, no foul :beer:

as Jeff said, this is something that separates the men from the boys and is part of a tuners credentials

if I hadn't been able to get tuned by Jerry, I would have gone to Lidio

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
Blue03 said:
:poke: :-D :banana: :pepper:

dougwg er blue03 said:
or Billetflow's super secret Terminator projects

remember TITS?

Not like these
24.gif

the other super secret TITS that goes you know where and has you know what hooked up.

probably being used for a bottle opener now :(

Users who are viewing this thread