Those of you with BFGoodrich KD's......

miniSHO

Established Member
I know you guys have experience with this tire since it came OEM on the Cobra R's. I just put a set on my '03 cobra for the upcoming track event at the Autobahn in Joliet, IL. I am not sure what the weather is going to do this saturday (feels like we live in Seattle right now) so I am concernced to bring my car with this tire on it. I have heard it doesn't perform well in the wet.

Have any of you ran this tire in the wet? Is it doable? Should I be concerned about breaking in the tire before hand?

Thanks,
Brent

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Brent:

You're going to want to get the tire scuffed up a bit before you get to the track. A few heat cycles would be nice if you can get them warm enough in this crappy weather? Letting cool at least overnight, preferrably 24 hours.

How are they in the wet? Lousy! I hated them. :cryying: There are at least 100 tires better.

I had a student a few weeks back with a WRX STI (I know it's 4WD) but those OEM tires just rocked in the rain! Find out what kind of tires they put on those bad boys!

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

Last edited:

NJ2000R

Certified FORD Fanatic!
Established Member
KD are horrible wet tires, but not bad for dry track use....

KDW are decent rain tires....

miniSHO

Established Member
Well, let's hope for no rain. I do have some KDW's on another set of rims, but don't really have the tools necessary to switch them off at the track. I would like to try out the KD's if possible, as the KDW's are brand new too.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Well, you might be in luck. I checked with Weather.com and there is a 20% chance of rain on Saturday and a 10% chance of rain on Sunday.

You will like the KD's in the dry. They give you tons of feedback!

miniSHO

Established Member
ac427cobra said:
Well, you might be in luck. I checked with Weather.com and there is a 20% chance of rain on Saturday and a 10% chance of rain on Sunday.

You will like the KD's in the dry. They give you tons of feedback!

Awsome, thanks for the info. I am sure anything will be better then the crap OEM F1's I ran at the last event. Talk about drifting around every turn. Fun, but not fast. :kaboom:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
svtenthusiast said:
Awsome, thanks for the info. I am sure anything will be better then the crap OEM F1's I ran at the last event. Talk about drifting around every turn. Fun, but not fast. :kaboom:

Yeah, but think about how fine you honed your car control skills!?!? :poke:

jv84venom

Established Member
Hey, where can I get a new set of KD's ??? Tire Rack is out....No ship date in sight!
My current set is starting to look like slicks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joe.

Users who are viewing this thread