Those of you that have the AEROFORCE INTERCEPTOR

Nerevarine

Established Member
Hey everyone,

I am looking at getting an AEROFORCE INTERCEPTOR gauge and was what everyone that had one thought of them.

Thanks

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
Absolutely in love with them. I have the dual setup with Speed Of Sound pod.

th_VID_20130525_191005_zps3194581e.jpg

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I had them and they work really well as long as you want to read it as air fuel - i.e. 14:1, 12.5:1 etc.... They are limited to one decimal point so do not work for lambda - i.e. 0.85 because it will only show 0.8

I have one low mileage wideband in the market place if you're interested (I read mine in lambda due to switching back and forth from pump to e85)

cj428mach

Established Member
I'm not a big gauge guy so I love the Aeroforce interceptor. I have the single column pod with a wideband and boost being displayed on it.

I originally had a speedhut wideband gauge that looked great but when I wanted to add boost it meant i was going to have to go with a different setup like the cluster bezel dual pods or the S.O.S pillar pods. The Aeroforce let me just run the single column pod and get it all done with one gauge.

I have my interceptor with green display, grey SVT insert and black bezel. It matches the stock setup very well.

cj428mach

Established Member
I have one low mileage wideband in the market place if you're interested (I read mine in lambda due to switching back and forth from pump to e85)

Why not just read it in gas scale? I have my wideband setup to read in gasoline scale and I run e70-85 all the time but I have run gasoline on it too.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Why not just read it in gas scale? I have my wideband setup to read in gasoline scale and I run e70-85 all the time but I have run gasoline on it too.

Because I don't want to constantly run a conversion factor in my head. Not that it's a huge deal but I'm OCD and it prefers that I just use lambda

Kyle_KleinSS

Established Member
Not sure about that but with my speedhut wideband it reads the a/f the same wether i fill with e85 or 93. Food for thought.

mkb116

Established Member
I have the wideband kit and he's right, I read in lambda but it's annoying because it's only one decimal point.

cj428mach

Established Member
Because I don't want to constantly run a conversion factor in my head. Not that it's a huge deal but I'm OCD and it prefers that I just use lambda

Are you commanding the same Lambda for both fuels?

I'm commanding .789 lambda for both gas and ethanol tunes so I know that 14.64 is stoich and 11.5-6 is what I want to see on the interceptor at WOT no matter what fuel I'm running. I have my livelink setup to datalog in lambda but I like my wideband in gasoline as its just quicker/easier to determine rich or lean on the gasoline scale.

Have you tried contacting Todd at Aeroforce? It seems like a small company with close customer interaction so maybe they'd listen to you. I've seen Todd post here on SVTP before.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I have the wideband kit and he's right, I read in lambda but it's annoying because it's only one decimal point.

when I looked it up doing some searching the difference from .8 to .9 is something like in the 11s AF into the high 12s, thats no good, by the time the gauge moves youre already hosed

Are you commanding the same Lambda for both fuels?

I'm commanding .789 lambda for both gas and ethanol tunes so I know that 14.64 is stoich and 11.5-6 is what I want to see on the interceptor at WOT no matter what fuel I'm running. I have my livelink setup to datalog in lambda but I like my wideband in gasoline as its just quicker/easier to determine rich or lean on the gasoline scale.

Have you tried contacting Todd at Aeroforce? It seems like a small company with close customer interaction so maybe they'd listen to you. I've seen Todd post here on SVTP before.

no I dont believe we were commanding the same lambda due to being extra cautious with my boost level and compression when running 93

I did ask Todd about it, the reason it doesnt display 2 decimal places is because it would do that for all readouts (ie 200.25 degrees, 10.31 psi boost etc..). That decision was made a while before the popularity of E85

Last edited:

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Love mine. I too have the wideband and run 92 and e85. I leave mine on the gasoline scale.

cj428mach

Established Member
when I looked it up doing some searching the difference from .8 to .9 is something like in the 11s AF into the high 12s, thats no good, by the time the gauge moves youre already hosed

no I dont believe we were commanding the same lambda due to being extra cautious with my boost level and compression when running 93

I did ask Todd about it, the reason it doesnt display 2 decimal places is because it would do that for all readouts (ie 200.25 degrees, 10.31 psi boost etc..). That decision was made a while before the popularity of E85

I say just leave it in gasoline scale all the time. If you're getting close to 12.0 or whatever number worries you shut it down.

Huachipato

Screaming '04
Established Member
I have the dual gauge set up with SOS pods. I like it.

I read the voltage and coolant temp in one gauge and Air intake and Charge temp in the other. It helped me know when the supercharger pump was dead (Charge temp went way high). It helped me know that my alternator was dying before I was left stranded.

I also had an engine code that I was able to diagnose by looking at the O2 sensor readings. I found one side was not reading at all compared to the other O2 sensor.

FWIW - it also reads and can reset engine codes.

The SOS Pods go great with the car. They don't interfere with the seat being pulled forward nor with the sun visor.

Users who are viewing this thread