Those knowledgeable with the new 5.0s please enter..

B746

Resident Logician
Established Member
I ran into a new 5.0, driven by an older gentlemen. It didn't seem out of the ordinary (nothing really stood out about the car, looked factory). He asked me what I had done to mine, and so I asked him the same. His reply confused me, and I was wondering if someone here could enlighten me.

He said he had a 480 in his car. I asked what he meant, as he had 5.0 badges on the side. He said something about having the shelby heads and cams, and the rest was indecipherable due to wind noise and traffic. He got on it a little (not much room), and it roared. It also moved much faster than any near stock 5.0 I've seen on the street (it was an auto too, if that helps). I wanted to see more, but it just wasn't happening.

Anyone know what this 480 is? Google wasn't helping me.

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
This is another fine example of a 5.0 owner who has no idea WTF he is talking about.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Maybe he said he had 480hp?

If he means engine size he is woefully ignorant as to what he has. And lol @ Shelby heads and cams.

scott_0

Established Member
This is another fine example of a 5.0 owner who has no idea WTF he is talking about.
lol this, prolly what the salesman told the poor old bastard so he could jack the price up $10k smh

Last edited:

B746

Resident Logician
Established Member
Maybe he said he had 480hp?

If he means engine size he is woefully ignorant as to what he has. And lol @ Shelby heads and cams.
I asked if he meant 480hp, and he just repeated that it had a 480 :shrug: It was after that that he got on it a little. I really don't know how well it performed since I wasn't on it too. There just wasn't room. I came back up next to him, and he was nodding saying it wasn't anything like a regular 5.0, and that I shouldn't be surprised.

I didn't know if there was some option similar to what he was saying. The way he was talking was as if all the work had been done by someone else (whom I was assuming was the dealership).

Users who are viewing this thread