This winter sucks!

Butter pants

Pfffffft !
Established Member
I agree, supposed to get more snow this weekend. Sick off looking at the Shelby every time I go into the garage and not being able to drive it !

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
At least you know what you're getting. We keep getting teased down here. One minute it's 29, the next day it's 67, then it's back down to 15, then it's raining, then it's 40…I mean damn, make up your mind! It's been frustrating though because the sunny days have temps below freezing and the warmer days always seem to get rain. I'm not driving in either one of those scenarios.

Cman01

hello
Established Member
I want all the nasty weather to show up now till Feb. then hopefully clear up in Mar/Apr. so I can drive my Shelby to the 50th Mustang celebrations in NC.

The areas I'm planning to drive through now are getting hammered...................need those states to be snow free when I head down.

battchief05

Established Member
I had LT's, Pulley swap, CAI, Flowmasterrs & SCT Tune installed in my 2013 GT500 last fall. Drove it home and parked it in garage w/cover. Haven't driven it since. I REALLY can't wait for spring!!

Smackiavelli

Established Member
At least you know what you're getting. We keep getting teased down here. One minute it's 29, the next day it's 67, then it's back down to 15, then it's raining, then it's 40…I mean damn, make up your mind! It's been frustrating though because the sunny days have temps below freezing and the warmer days always seem to get rain. I'm not driving in either one of those scenarios.

The flucuations you've described are not as wild or unusual as they may seem. The 500 millibar longwave pattern, or prevailing weather conditions across the conterminous U.S., has been rather active this winter. One mid-latitude cyclone after another has been riding the northern branch of the sub-tropical jet stream across the southern and central latitudes of the U.S. In Arkansas, you're more or less situated right beneath this northern branch. West of you, just east of the Rockies, successive areas of low pressure are undergoing lee cyclogenesis (intensification) and ejecting into the jet, which then carries them eastward. Given Arkansas's relative proximity to the Gulf, if you have a low move across the state, it is going to draw warm Gulf air into it and temporarily modify the air mass, such that those 15 degree temps will flare to the 60s and 70s with startling rapidity. Unfortunately, as you verified, low pressure almost always results in at least stratiform rains and possibly convective storms (boomers). Hence, why you're still unable to wake the Shelby from hibernation for a roll around town (I know, a waste of nice, balmy, traction-supportive temperatures). As the system moves out, Artic air quickly overspreads the area again and you're back to winter. Until the next low comes through.

Unless you get a protracted period of high pressure (beneath a slow moving ridge in the jet stream), expect a similar pattern to persist for much of February and potentially into March. The jet configuration is pretty typical for this time of year in the south, but some of the long range models are starting to output signals that an evolution toward a more spring-esque pattern is underway. That has me cautiously stoked (because long range models can be trusted to be accurate about as much as a rabid chihuahua can be trusted not to flay your ankles), both for the prospects of busting the Shelby out of its cave and also to get back out on the Plains for some of the atmospheric ferocity you see in my avatar and sig.

Be nice if spring would indulge us all by hurrying the F up and getting here already.

!!!PainTrain!!!

Mattis for POTUS
Established Member
I'm in the propane business, so even if the weather was a little better, I'd have no time to drive the car any ways lol. Been swamped because of the coldest winter in the past 10 years compounded with the whole propane "shortage" debacle.

Pete Grimaldi

Established Member
I took mine for a ride yesterday. The alternate wheels and tires really help. Unfortunately, I have driven it only two or three times in the last two months.

Pete

evil eye

Established Member
I'll take your 80 degrees. It's 49 in Tampa right now at 7:23 pm.

It'll be 70+ tomorrow, don't stress it. I'm currently to your right in Orlando. Unfortunately I don't have the Shelby here. And unfortunately I'm going back to NY and 30-degree-at-best-temperatures come Monday. And yes, I left NY during its one and only Super Bowl weekend. FML x3.

Last edited:

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Its been a great winter in AZ, in the day its mid 60s and at night its been low 40s to high 30s, this is are time of year to enjoy are cars, cause once summer hits ill be parking my car as its usually 110 in the day and high 90s at night.

nxhappy

Established Member
it rained today for the first time in 60 days.....crazy sh1t !

Mapdog

Established Member
Locked in the garage

I bought mine in November. It has 307 miles on it.

tw0scoops

Established Member
I hear ya...its been dry the past couple weeks despite the freezing temps,but I still refuse to take it out cuz of the piles of salt dust all over the place.

Competition

Hood Rich
Established Member

I'd glady take that over 3 months straight of -10 and snow.

Users who are viewing this thread