This will make you feel safer when you fly

f_rice

EFF GM AND CHRYSLER!!!!
Established Member
Awesome. Hopefully the people who pack the parachute I will now carry on board with me are literate.

oldmodman

Established Member
What do you think would happen if some decent company refused to hire some Mexican due to his inability to read and write English?

That's right. The ACLU would start a massive legal campaign to punish that company for discrimination. The failed hire would sue, he would show up on all the liberal TV networks sobbing discrimination, Nancy Grace would champion his cause, and we would all die in a fiery crash.:cuss:

plan b

hooters for looters
Established Member
The southern auto plants (japs) have a hard time getting up to full production without using pictorials on how to do the job. It seems that some people can't read and don't know how to build a car without being shown pictures. Whoever hires the people that can't read/speak english need to be sued and stripped of all their wealth for putting all the people that fly at risk due to shoddy workmanship. If you can't read the friggen manual then you shouldn't be repairing the aircraft.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
Wow, seriously? Shouldn't reading be a requirement for a job that requires uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... reading? Unbelievable.

f_rice

EFF GM AND CHRYSLER!!!!
Established Member
The southern auto plants (japs) have a hard time getting up to full production without using pictorials on how to do the job. It seems that some people can't read and don't know how to build a car without being shown pictures. Whoever hires the people that can't read/speak english need to be sued and stripped of all their wealth for putting all the people that fly at risk due to shoddy workmanship. If you can't read the friggen manual then you shouldn't be repairing the aircraft.

Yeah those lousy Japs with their productivity and vehicles that work.

At least they are not unionized. If so, it would take 9 of them to not read the manual. Then they would be laid off and still be paid.

Last edited:

plan b

hooters for looters
Established Member
Yeah those lousy Japs with their productivity and vehicles that work.

At least they are not unionized. If so, it would take 9 of them to not read the manual. Then they would be laid off and still be paid.

lol at frice. Is it f***rice or do you drive a crappy honduh or toyota? You don't work at the big 3 so you talk shit instead just like a bunch of clowns from the media. You are a fool.

03DOHC

Established Member
I thought illegals only picked produce and weren't taking jobs americans would do? How much longer can the lie go on?

Fenah

Crazy Greek Man
Established Member
Wow, People who cant read working on planes. They should be Fired. If they cant speak or read English Then they should not be getting hired for such high risk jobs. things can be done about this but the guys that know about are afraid to loose their jobs.

sharkbite

Filthy
Established Member
I work for the FAA. It's a huge problem. The problem starts with the employer though. I don't fault someone with insufficient skills for trying to get a better job. I fault the employer for trying to save a few bucks at the expense of safety. Most of the A&Ps have to do so much follow-up work that it'd be easier to just run the shop with three fewer cheap laborers and hire one more A&P. Minus three workers = $30 per hour savings... Add one legitimate mechanic = $25 expenditure. The FAA is always bad about announcing inspections as well. They even announce their drug testing in advance, allowing people who would fail to take sick leave on testing day.

f_rice

EFF GM AND CHRYSLER!!!!
Established Member
lol at frice. Is it f***rice or do you drive a crappy honduh or toyota? You don't work at the big 3 so you talk shit instead just like a bunch of clowns from the media. You are a fool.

I have a Chevy truck which I owned before GM sold out and a Honda VFR. So yes I have a Honda. There is nothing ricey about it. Last I checked, Ford does not build kickass, bombproof motorcycles. Prior to my current vehicles, I owned an 05 Ram. It was absolute crap. I should have bought an F150 or a Tundra.

No I do not work at the big three. But I live in Michigan and WAS dramatically affected by the downfall of the big government 2 and Ford's struggles. Sure awful management decisions helped cause this, but I blame the unions more. The trick to being a parasite is not to harm the host too much. The unions pushed and pushed and finally killed the hosts. I have no sympathy for this situation. To the union members who bust their asses everyday this is terribly unfair. But the fact that some people work so much harder than others is the reason I do not like unions. The best should be paid more, the mediocre should be paid less. Everyone should not be paid the same. Now the UAW owns the majority of Chrysler. Leeches can not suddenly become hosts. This is going to be an unmitigated debacle.

I might well feel differently if I worked for the former big three. But if I did, I would hope that I looked at things thoroughly enough to notice the contract negotiations made the companies continued survival nearly impossible.

I fail to see how getting off the couch each day and working at a job I found, I negotiated the wage of and I can lose at any time if I am perform poorly makes me a fool.

Now if I were to refer to southern AMERICAN autoworkers as Japs and continue to defend a union which not only takes money from me but also destroyed the company I rely on for a paycheck......... Well then I guess I would not be so bright.

SVT4ME

Established Member
It sucks that everyone is always ready to screw people over for money. You would think safety would be on everyone’s mind in a plane repair shop. For one, it's going to cost you a lot of money in lawsuits and two you could be held criminally liable.

blackvenom77

killer cobra
Established Member
Twenty-one people were killed when U.S. Airways Express Flight 5481 crashed in Charlotte, North Carolina in 2003. The plane went wildly out of control on takeoff.

One reason for the crash, investigators found, was that mechanics incorrectly connected the cables to some of the plane's control surfaces in the repair shop. The FAA was cited for improper oversight of the repair process.

- yeah, I feel real safe getting into a plane now! :eek:

harry gilbert

Diehard Ford Fan
Established Member

Southern plants? Ha! I worked with a Tier 1 auto supplier who had a Chicago plant with a large percentage of Mexican employees. I had to create the quality control instructions at each work station using a digital camera and all pictures showing the acceptable / not acceptable quality points. No words at all. The pictures of flaws had a red circle with diagonal line, and the pictures of good parts showed a green check mark.

This is nothing unusual in a country (ours) that refuses to mandate English as its national language, and enforce even minimal educational standards.

Users who are viewing this thread