This Wednesday is the day.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I am dropping my car off to have the whole thing wet sanded, buffed and polished. As well as any blemishes or paint chips taken care of. I can't wait to get it back. I will post pics as soon as it is done.

mike79

Evvverrrlonngg
Established Member
What happened to your paint that you need the whole car wet sanded? THe paint on our cars is so thin as is. If it has a bunch of marring or swirls, and some scratches, get a good polish and PC buff it.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
01cobrakidd said:
I second that!

If he burns through the paint then it will be repainted. I am not to worried about it. I want it to look as good as it can, and if that means I have to strip the crappy factory paint off, then that is what I am going to do. There are a few places that we are not going to touch with sandpaper. Like the doors and rear bumper cover. But they are still getting buffed and polished. The guy that is doing it is one of the best in the area, and has one quite a few trophies at World of Wheels, and other high end car shows. I have faith that he will do wha is necessary. I do about 15-20 car shows a year, and I need the paint as perfect as possible. Wednesday is going to be the day of finding out how far we can take it to get it perfect before we need to get the sprayer out.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I will have pics. :) if you know me, then you know I will have pics.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I just got back from looking at the progress. Everything , and I mean everything was sanded down. We decided to wetsand the whole car. Now they are going to start buffing and polishing to build the shine back up. It is going to look bad ass. And it did not burn or go through the paint in any area. This guy rocks at what he does.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
He is cutting me a deal. I know him from car shows and such..$300. He may touch up some small ..very small rock chips on the side scoops, and on the front bumper. That will cost a bit extra, but not much.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
It will look like it has a perpetual coat of baby oil on it when he is done. I have seen some of the other work he has done, mostly vettes, and talk about wet look. :beer:

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Cobra10th Anniv said:
Dude, your car was perfect. :shrug: How can you make 'perfect' any better. ;-)

Can't wait to see the new pics. :D

David

By making it perfect. :)

Users who are viewing this thread