this seems like a good deal!! any advise ?

Cobra228

Random SVT Poster
Established Member
Price seems fair depending on what "tlc" is needed. I'd be very leary of the overdrive band in the trans. I had a 93 with low miles and put two transmissions in it in 45k miles. IIRC the tech said with the low miles the bands sit without fluid on them and dry out. Eventually when you drive it the bands fall apart. Not sure if there was any truth to that.

jdlightning33

Established Member
weather or not the mileage is good??? what to look for if i go check it out?? u guys no more about mustangs that y i asked the question....can u guys give me anything to look for?????

buddha93

Established Member
I'd say that the price is fair, but I wouldn't call it a stellar deal. I had a 93 Convertible years back. Bone stock they are slow as chit.....I seriously thought there was something wrong with it the first time I drove it. If it needs a new top, which it probably does, a good one installed you set you back at least $800. Also, I don't think I've ever seen one of those cars that dont' leak a little in rain while driving....mine did.

Just remember, TLC = Money. If your looking for a project, go for it.

fivestangs

Established Member
Are you looking specifically for a convertible or are you just looking to get a fox? If you're just looking to get into a Fox, I (personally) would avoid the convertibles. I had one myself, and the tops leak (somewhere, at some point), but my biggest beef with the convertible was it just made a weak chassis even that much more weaker...the thing had horrible cowl shake. If you want a Fox, get a hatch or a coupe.

buddha93

Established Member
Fivestangs, your post reminded me of how much chassis flex those cars had. I can remember proping my arm on the drivers and actually feel the gap close on the door, pinching my skin when the car was pushed through corners and dips.

red95gts

Established Member
Fivestangs, your post reminded me of how much chassis flex those cars had. I can remember proping my arm on the drivers and actually feel the gap close on the door, pinching my skin when the car was pushed through corners and dips.

I have a good friend of mine who has a 91 LX vert. Car has MM full-length subframe connectors and a 6-pt welded roll bar with kickouts to the frame. If he puts the car up on 4 jackstands, the doors won't close anymore due to the chassis flex. :(

Personally, you couldn't give me a Fox vert. If you gotta have a Mustang convertible, make it a 99+

cobr96

getting old
Established Member
I have a good friend of mine who has a 91 LX vert. Car has MM full-length subframe connectors and a 6-pt welded roll bar with kickouts to the frame. If he puts the car up on 4 jackstands, the doors won't close anymore due to the chassis flex. :(

Personally, you couldn't give me a Fox vert. If you gotta have a Mustang convertible, make it a 99+

a 99 has the same floor pan, frame rails, and same basic front structure as a 91. so pick the body style you like the looks of better.

Users who are viewing this thread