This poor Z06 who does this?

Blackoyote

Established Member
AHAHAH, I posted up this same car asking a fair price for it back in like October. It was on eBay listed for like $31k, and considering the paint/body work it needed (to make it not look like a Mexican/white trash/old man's wet dream) I made multiple offers between $28-29k. That's hilarious that some dipshit bought it and thinks he can make money on that monstrosity!

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
Take off the wing and the car isn't too bad.....not sure what the deal with it is to make it a "poor Z06".

Skrapmetal

Established Member
Definitely seen worse. Spoiler is awful though, looks like it got hot and melted

cbj5259

Established Member
Car is hawwwt! Lol.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Blown 89

Established Member
It's not bad enough to be mocked in it's own thread. Especially considering a great many cars on SVT are much, much worse.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
Completely fixable in an afternoon. The only main issue I see is with the holes in the trunk lid that will be left by taking the spoiler off. Putting on a ZR1 spoiler would likely cover that up.

This persona basically received the corvette catalog and went to town. The car otherwise looks to be in fairly decent shape. It could be a good buy if you're willing to put an afternoon's worth of work into it.

Blackoyote

Established Member
Lol, y'all think that $33k for an 80k mile 07 that needs to be painted back to one color (the most undesirable used color at that) is a good deal (keep in mind, these aren't typical body panels that can just be prepped and sprayed on the car)?!

60k mile yellow cars are selling for as low as $29k up to about $31k, $32-33k if heads have been addressed.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
Lol, y'all think that $33k for an 80k mile 07 that needs to be painted back to one color (the most undesirable used color at that) is a good deal (keep in mind, these aren't typical body panels that can just be prepped and sprayed on the car)?!

60k mile yellow cars are selling for as low as $29k up to about $31k, $32-33k if heads have been addressed.

That's a vinyl sticker package. In fact it's one of the more common decal packages that C6 owners put on their cars.

http://www.vettestripes.com/shop/c6...imited-edition-z06-se-stripes-all-c6s-models/

He's got the 427 hood with the large over roof stripe along with it.

Last edited:

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Thats not that bad. The sticker can be removed and buffed out depending on a detailers skill in a weekend. The spoiler can be yanked and im sure you can plug it or do something else to fix it.

Then some black plastidip on the wheels and you are good to go.

Blackoyote

Established Member
That sticker package does look similar (though I don't see an option that changes colors halfway down the hood like this one), however the ad back in October on eBay clearly stated it was 'custom professionally painted'. Maybe that was a lie...

Just_A_GT

Established Member

Completely agree. A low mileage 08+ z06 can be had for $35-40k. This car is overpriced by at least $5k.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
That sticker package does look similar (though I don't see an option that changes colors halfway down the hood like this one), however the ad back in October on eBay clearly stated it was 'custom professionally painted'. Maybe that was a lie...

There are several varieties of harlequin vinyls that change color much like chromashift paints. It's design is not similar, it is in fact, the same.

147ed87ba8ced9d23c3b6ad8f2a.jpg

C6-Corvette-Z06-DSOM-with-metallic-black-427-edition-stripe-1.jpg

The add you posted says nothing about the car being painted this way. Anything is of course possible, but having had several corvettes and looking at some of the striping options, I can tell you with pretty significant certainty, it's not painted. I've done business with vettestripes before and he's a good guy to work with. In fact the silver and red stripes on the blue corvette in the link I posted is my old car.

Never_Enough

Established Member
Replace that wing & pull the decal & you don't have a bad Z anymore. I'd pull that grille & paint the splitter black, though.

It's overpriced regardless

Blackoyote

Established Member
The add you posted says nothing about the car being painted this way.

Please note, I am not the OP and did not post this thread - however as stated, I posted a heavily descriptive ad over 6 months ago which clearly stated they were not decals but professionally painted. Sure, it is the same design...does that mean that someone couldn't have had it painted on, as to not have decals on their car?

Users who are viewing this thread