This made me feel pretty good about our cars

MoKo_03SVT

=]~
Established Member
just got done watching "horsepower TV", and they took a new camaro SS, and added some mods and a supercharger, along with an x-cal 3 to tune it with.

when it was all said and done, everyone on the show was impressed with the numbers it put out, which after several pulls on the dyno and tune adjustments ended up with a little over 430hp to the wheels. the torque was right around the same, or slightly less.

haha take a new 2010 camaro SS and supercharge it, and put it up against a car 7 years older (an 03 cobra), that is basically stock (swapped upper only), and will STILL kick the camaros ass easily! LOL :rockon:

fuggin LOVE our cars!

MoKo_03SVT

=]~
Established Member
its funny cause when the terminator came out, to terminate the competition and finally end the mustang/camaro war....and it worked....camaro dropped out...they were terminated.

fast forward to years later....they try to re-invent the camaro...they re-release it, and the terminator STILL terminates it. LOL they (gm/camaro) should just give up.

WizardsCobra

LTHL SVT
Established Member
Yeah I watched that episode too. I thought I made 500 with just the bolt-on and port and would smoke that car. Watching it made me really miss my Cobra again.

JasonW

2xScrewed Vert
Established Member
430hp at the wheels? Somethings wrong somewhere unless its running 2lbs of boost. Or they wasted alot of money on a supercharger when a 400 camshaft would have done the trick. It is nice knowing our cobra's in stock form are still competitive with cars 7 years newer, but the camaro you mention doesn't add up?

anyone have a web link to vid?

MoKo_03SVT

=]~
Established Member
it was on "spike" channel or whatever....

they said the car baselined stock at a lil over 360 to the wheels. after the supercharger was a lil over 430. not sure what size blower they put on it tho.

WizardsCobra

LTHL SVT
Established Member
I thought they said 335rwhp then the first dyno was 430rwhp. They retuned it and made like 448rwhp which I still think is a joke for that car especially at its weight.

MoKo_03SVT

=]~
Established Member
you could be right. either way tho...430hp - 448hp supercharged camaro ss = gonna get stomped by one of our 7 year old cars basically stock, with just an upper swap.

BOW DOWN GM! you're STILL terminated!

HEMIHUNTER

Established Member
Those GM motors still can't take high boost[ stock] like the terminator motor.
Gee I feel so bad :(..........................................not.

nolyaw

Been there owned that
Established Member
It was an auto, so it makes about 35 or so less to the wheels than a manual. They squeezed 448 out of it. That was an old episode. Thats a heavy car also.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
HA I love it! Just got back from the dyno, mine put down 455hp and 480tq. Makes me happy I can hang with alot of these newer so called faster cars!

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
Throw a Twin Screw on there, and the Terminator is straight nasty for 7 years old!

Black Talon

KnightOfTheOldRepublic
Established Member
deshade.gif

Users who are viewing this thread