This Knucklehead Named Verstappen

ShelbyGT5HUN

Established Member
Watching the F1 race on Sunday... just before the start, I say, "This knucklehead BETTER NOT TAKE OUT A FERRARI!" 3s later, I shoot the TV, as he TAKES OUT BOTH!! Anyone else want to beat this snotty 19yr old into the ground? They need to ban this out of control demolition derby wannabe. Sick of this kid! If he entered a race, by himself, he would find a way to crash into himself! I don't remember his father being this insane!

Machdup1

Established Member
Not sure mad max is at fault this week. RAI got a great start on his left and VER got caught in a Ferrari sandwich when VET drifted left and RAI had no where to go.

VER reminds me of HAM early in his career, a spectacular driver who is overly aggressive.

Last edited:

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
I don't like Verstappen's racing style too risky and impatient. That being said after seeing Weatherman's post in NSFW pics it looks like Verstappen merely screened Vettel and Raikkonen and was kind of innocent in the matter. Seemed like Vettel was trying to close the door early on Verstappen. Verstappen has proven to be an above average wet track driver.

giphy.gif

B7BlownSnake

Established Member
That shot shows it clearly. Max was moving left as Vettel was trying to cut over quickly. He realized Kimi was next to him after a great start, and tried to move back right, but he had no where to go.

Max shouldn't have had to stop in this situation. Vettel should've held position outside Max and passed both Kimi and Max later, as he is the better driver. If Vettel would've kept going straight, we would have cleared Max, as would Kimi.

B7BlownSnake

Established Member
Saying you want to beat a driver because of a crash caused by someone else is a little extreme. Honestly, Max has shown far less spoiled brat attitude than the guy who crashed into him!

Now, banning a driver from championship contention does have precedent, if they intentionally crash into another driver, like Schumacher into Jacques back in 97. (Cough...cough...Azerbaijan...cough)

Blown 89

Established Member
Vettel was 110% at fault there.

If someone pinched me at the bottom of a track like that I'd be bashing some skulls in the pits. The racing line was clear on the other side of the track. That's garbage if shit like that is now considered acceptable in F1.

Watching the F1 race on Sunday... just before the start, I say, "This knucklehead BETTER NOT TAKE OUT A FERRARI!" 3s later, I shoot the TV, as he TAKES OUT BOTH!! Anyone else want to beat this snotty 19yr old into the ground? They need to ban this out of control demolition derby wannabe. Sick of this kid! If he entered a race, by himself, he would find a way to crash into himself! I don't remember his father being this insane!
How on Earth can you think he was at fault? Two cars were on the inside line of the straight going straight and the other veered all the way left from the racing line, put his car two car widths from the edge of the track where there were already two cars, then veered all the way back to the right of the track to make the corner.

That's the equivalent of a car getting on an on-ramp of a 6 lane highway, veering all the way over to the HOV lane and side swiping you, then swerving all the way back over the the off-ramp and getting off the freeway.

If you think Vers was a fault you're too biased to be making that call.

Last edited:

Tifosi2003GT

Established Member
Yes!!! CHOP SCHUEY!!! I loved the guy, but he did drive like a ****ing dick, win at all costs. Vettel is much the same way, except has a spoiled brat attitude that I hate.

Schumacher still to this day is my hero!!! Unfortunately in 2006 he was forced out by Montezemolo. Then Kimi walked in and won a championship in 08. You're correct tho he drove with a passion just like Senna and just as good imo as Senna in the Rain!!!

ShelbyGT5HUN

Established Member
Not sure mad max is at fault this week. RAI got a great start on his left and VER got caught in a Ferrari sandwich when VET drifted left and RAI had no where to go.

VER reminds me of HAM early in his career, a spectacular driver who is overly aggressive.

RAI never moved off a straight path, VER veered hard into him, after RAI was clearly ahead of punk ass. If you frame by frame it, you will see RAI had clear positioning ahead of VER (about 1/4 car length at time of contact), who swerved into RAI. VET was purely bluffing, and might have come within a millimeter of touching VER, but had no real intention of doing so, and was MILES away from VER, especially by F1 standards. VER may have felt threatened, and decided to take out RAI, knowing he himself was about to be taken out. Everything about this kid smells, if you don't believe me ask his teammate RIC.

Also, VER CLEARLY stated in the post race interview, that it was his intention to take all three out, and was happy that he did!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

VER reminds me exactly like little snot nosed Michael Andretti's attempt at driving F1 (and failed miserably), who is another kid who woke up on third base, thinking he hit a triple. Just because daddy can do it, doesn't mean you can, son!

Last edited:

ShelbyGT5HUN

Established Member
How on Earth can you think he was at fault?

Its clearly VER's fault because RAI was clearly ahead of said knucklehead, going in / maintaining a non swerving direction aka straight line, at the time of impact. RAI did not swerve into VER, it was the other way around, because of a 19yr old pissing his pants, thinking he was about to get cut off by VET. RAI was ahead of VER, and entitled to hold his established line.

If you are ahead by even 1mm, you are considered to be in front of the other person. If that said person, swerves into, for no reason (VER was not in any way near VET), the leading car, taking it out, then the trailing car is clearly at fault. There have been many precedents of this, and penalties have resulted, as should in this case.

Also, VET was almost 1 full car ahead of VER, that kid just did not want to yield to a car in a more superior position, and took all three of them out. Nice job kid. You are allowed one move into a corner, and if you are in front of another car, that car must yield position, its in the rules!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
As the race started, it should have gone the following way: VET moving hard to his left, VER hitting the brakes, RAI continuing to pass VER. Out of Turn 1, it would have been VET RAI VER.

Last edited:

Blown 89

Established Member
Its clearly VER's fault because RAI was clearly ahead of said knucklehead, going in / maintaining a non swerving direction aka straight line, at the time of impact. RAI did not swerve into VER, it was the other way around, because of a 19yr old pissing his pants, thinking he was about to get cut off by VET. RAI was ahead of VER, and entitled to hold his established line.

If you are ahead by even 1mm, you are considered to be in front of the other person. If that said person, swerves into, for no reason (VER was not in any way near VET), the leading car, taking it out, then the trailing car is clearly at fault. There have been many precedents of this, and penalties have resulted, as should in this case.

Also, VET was almost 1 full car ahead of VER, that kid just did not want to yield to a car in a more superior position, and took all three of them out. Nice job kid. You are allowed one move into a corner, and if you are in front of another car, that car must yield position, its in the rules!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
As the race started, it should have gone the following way: VET moving hard to his left, VER hitting the brakes, RAI continuing to pass VER. Out of Turn 1, it would have been VET RAI VER.
The FIA regulations state that if any portion of the front wing is along side any portion of the rear wheel of the front car it is deemed a "significant portion" and the rear car should maintain their line. 19.5 of the sporting regulations: If any portion of two cars overlap the front car must respect the space of the other car. The video, both onboard and external, show that Vettel wasn't ahead. Furthermore drivers are not permitted to purposefully crowd cars.

If you race I pray to God I'm never on the track with you. I cannot invade another car's space and force them off track simply because I'm 1 mm ahead :rolleyes:

Your hated toward VER is clouding your judgement. The bottom line is that drivers have the right to race in a straight line unimpeded. Vettel caused this muck up. Period. End of story.

Crap like this is why I don't watch F1 anymore. Entitled drivers, out of control politics, fans blinded by rabidness, and racing etiquette that is absolutely dead.

ShelbyGT5HUN

Established Member
The FIA regulations state that if any portion of the front wing is along side any portion of the rear wheel of the front car it is deemed a "significant portion" and the rear car should maintain their line. 19.5 of the sporting regulations: If any portion of two cars overlap the front car must respect the space of the other car. The video, both onboard and external, show that Vettel wasn't ahead. Furthermore drivers are not permitted to purposefully crowd cars.

If you race I pray to God I'm never on the track with you. I cannot invade another car's space and force them off track simply because I'm 1 mm ahead :rolleyes:

Your hated toward VER is clouding your judgement. The bottom line is that drivers have the right to race in a straight line unimpeded. Vettel caused this muck up. Period. End of story.

Crap like this is why I don't watch F1 anymore. Entitled drivers, out of control politics, fans blinded by rabidness, and racing etiquette that is absolutely dead.

VER should have hit the brake pedal, and not swerved into RAI. RAI never altered his line, nor his acceleration. VET never touched, nor came close to touching VER. Rule or no rule. VER swerving into RAI, triggered the crash into VET. VER to blame.

Don't worry, if I ever HPDE'ed with you, 1) I'd be a lap ahead of you :D 2) I'd never trade paint with my Shelby, either... :D

Blown 89

Established Member
VER should have hit the brake pedal, and not swerved into RAI. RAI never altered his line, nor his acceleration. VET never touched, nor came close to touching VER. Rule or no rule. VER swerving into RAI, triggered the crash into VET. VER to blame.

Don't worry, if I ever HPDE'ed with you, 1) I'd be a lap ahead of you :D 2) I'd never trade paint with my Shelby, either... :D
If VER needed to brake to avoid a collision then per the rules VET was at fault. The rules state that drivers be allowed to race in a straight line unimpeded and that manoeuvers designed to hinder drivers by crowding are not permitted.

Poor Kimi though. He can't catch a break.

Machdup1

Established Member

Don't worry, if I ever HPDE'ed with you, 1) I'd be a lap ahead of you :D 2) I'd never trade paint with my Shelby, eithe

If you want to be technical, RAI went for the lead, VET moved left to block and VER was caught in a racing incident.

Braking would have caused multiple crashes. When the entire field is accelerating behind you, excess braking is a bad thing.

Your hatred for VER is clouding your judgement.

Users who are viewing this thread