this is really making me angry!!!!

Kingcobramike

Established Member
So i just installed my TB about a week ago. every thing is fine but today i take out the truck and it was shifting so hard:gt: so I take the truck around the block again and it wont shift unless it goes clear down to 5700 rpm. whats going on??? then on the way back to my house it acts like it wants to die and starts to jump forward. Im really having a bad week as far as my truck goes. what u guys think it could be?? computer or somthing like that?
:shrug:

Kingcobramike

Established Member
on the tps you said set at 1.0 is that volts . if this is set wrong would it affect the shifting pattern. shifts hard. and runs bad ran better with old TB

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
Originally posted by Kingcobramike
on the tps you said set at 1.0 is that volts . if this is set wrong would it affect the shifting pattern. shifts hard. and runs bad ran better with old TB

Set it as close to.98- .99 as you can get. Not 1.0
Yes volts. Try it. You'll be suprised. :beer:

crazy4ink

Extreme Ratchet Abuser
Established Member
I just plugged mine in and screwed it down....how do you check the voltage?? I know with a voltmeter, but where specifically on the TPS?

crazy4ink

Extreme Ratchet Abuser
Established Member
Ok, thanks to L.L. and Rick @ Amazon Racing...here is how you check the voltage of your TPS (throttle position sensor)

Ground the voltmeter; I just plugged mine into the negative battary wire.

Turn on your key, but don't start the truck.

Plug the positive lead of the voltmeter into the center wire (at least it is on 03s) of the TPS plug while it's hooked the TPS.

You should get a reading of not more than 1.00 volts. Adjust until you get .98 volts.

Unfortunetly, I can only get to .96 before the screws won't line up.

I just did mine and it was .92. Now it's .96 and the truck is idling better and driving better all around.

Hope this helps everyone else.

Kingcobramike

Established Member
Well just thought id let you guys know that my problem is solved. I thought i was a idiot but took it to a speed shop in town. It turns out my tps was broken and i got a new one today. so now im fine but it did cost me more money then i wanted to pay. ahaha at least my truck runs now so im happy

Users who are viewing this thread