This is it guys i need final oppinions!

JoeCobra

Established Member
This is it guys i need final oppinions! i need as many oppinions as possible.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I want to order my exhaust by the end of the week. i've narrowed it down to Borla Stingers or Magna Packs. i have a 99 Cobra that is stock. i plan on using a prochamber in the future unless a better option is made evident to me.

ok so what should i get the packs or the stingers? i'm looking for deep in your face toughness that can be heard at least a block away and can be heard idling 3 cars back at a stop light. i like the way they both sound although unfortunately i still have yet to get my hand on a vid in wav format of the stingers under any sort of load.

i'm game for both prices and yes i do think the tips will be nicer on the borla but sound quality means more to me then tip appearance. i've been torn for weeks trying to decide between the two. HELP!!!! lend any and all oppinions or thoughts on these two kits. and vids if there in wav format please. i've allready seen fushnikens site and his vids. thanks all!

Last edited:

MineralGSVT

Established Member
I can't speak for the Magna packs, but I just installed Borla Stingers and it puts a smile on my face every time I turn the key!

Good Luck!

JoeCobra

Established Member
with the deal some company is running there less then 80 bucks cheaper so really it's not that big of deal. besides for a cobra the packs cost more anyway cause you got to buy a regular magnaflow exhaust plus to pack mufflers and then just swap them.

kaos

Established Member
Originally posted by archangel777200
with the deal some company is running there less then 80 bucks cheaper so really it's not that big of deal. besides for a cobra the packs cost more anyway cause you got to buy a regular magnaflow exhaust plus to pack mufflers and then just swap them.

Not really. It's still cheaper I think. But the magnaflow cb and then the packs for about 55-60 each and then get them installed. I would have welded everthing in so it's not costing anything extra beside the 110-120 extra for the packs.

So take the magnaflow cb price, add in 120 and compare that price to the price of the stingers. For me adding the packs was still cheaper than the stingers.

Cobie03

Established Member
:bowdown: BORLA STINGERS:rockon:

I have a friend who has a 02 Gt and I swear they sound really good, BUT.... I have Stingers and OMG they are completley BADASS!! If want you loud than search no further the stingers with an offroad H-pipe or prochamber is very very loud and intimidating!!! Just the name Stingers is Badass!!

STINGERS > Magnapacks :beer:

Cobie03

Established Member
Originally posted by Cobie03
:bowdown: BORLA STINGERS:rockon:

I have a friend who has a 02 Gt and I swear they sound really good, BUT.... I have Stingers and OMG they are completley BADASS!! If want you loud than search no further the stingers with an offroad H-pipe or prochamber is very very loud and intimidating!!! Just the name Stingers is Badass!!

STINGERS > Magnapacks :beer:

Sorry I forgot to say the guy with the 02 GT has Packs.

duece

Established Member
I had packs on my old 99 gt and they were loud but if you want loud which I did it has a great race tone I hav'nt heard the stingers.

motorCITY

Established Member
archangel777200 - sorry I can't help you out w/a sound clip. I was right where you're at when I was narrowing down my final selection of a cat-back. Went to our local hang-out and heard the Borla Stingers in person (and other various setups) - that's all it took.

Go with the Stingers. You'll be very pleased.

As for the "loudness" - well, I haven't heard my radio in months, my "block-away" is more like "3 blocks away" and trying to speak with someone at a stoplight is simply not an option any longer. Guess thats what the thumbs up is for. :thumbsup:

"SNAKIE"

Established Member
Originally posted by archangel777200
or u could just spend the 120 bucks that the packs cost and weld them into ur stock catback saving u money for other mods

motorCITY

Established Member
archangel777200 -- Hey, did you make your choice yet?

I finally got me a dv camecorder, and made a decent video of the my Borla Stingers. The audio is pretty good too. If you're interested in seeing it let me know. Recorded at startup, rev, normal drive off, and excel. Not really WOT, cause I kinda run outta room where I was driving.

Either way, let me know. I'd be happy to get this video to you somehow. It's about 7.5 MB in size.

Users who are viewing this thread