This clunk has gotta go

4OCIUS4V

BOOST Junkie!!!!
Established Member
Who makes a thin isolator to get rid of my spring noise. I am currently running H&R ss springs with only top isos and the spring makes too much noise in the pocket of the control arm whenever it moves. I don't want to sacrafice the stance though because its perfect. Would using the bottoms and not the top make it a little better since the top doesn't move around. Any help would be great.

Jeremy

ju015dd

64 valves
Established Member
interested also, i have to put some back in, but becuase of noise but because car is just scraping on every damn thing!

Tony 96 Cobra

Addict
Established Member
Make your own top isos if you have to, but I wouldn't run w/out any. Metal on metal wear just doesn't appeal to me. Even if you put the stock ones back in, you are only looking at about a quarter inch diference.

4OCIUS4V

BOOST Junkie!!!!
Established Member
A piece of heater? The wrap around the heater hoses? I'm not following with you.

Jeremy

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Oops, yes, heater hose.
Cut the hose down the middle, and use them for the iso's. It's thin and should work fine.

4OCIUS4V

BOOST Junkie!!!!
Established Member
I think I may just try that heater hose out. Hopefully they don't get torn up. I don't drive it in the rain at all so I'm not too concerned with them mushin up on me. If that doesn't work I guess I'll get some stock replacements.

Jeremy

ju015dd

64 valves
Established Member
i havent had any noise issues with mine out thus far, damn car looks sick with how it sits too. just a tad to low for the longtubes.:mj:

Toasty

Established Member
4OCIUS4V said:
I think I may just try that heater hose out. Hopefully they don't get torn up. I don't drive it in the rain at all so I'm not too concerned with them mushin up on me. If that doesn't work I guess I'll get some stock replacements.

Jeremy

I dont think heater hose will last long - I'm guessing weeks. Its just not nearly as tough as the original rubber/poly blend. I dunno, try it and let us know.

Bottom line for all you "I removed my iso's" guys is that your car was made to have isos. I left mine in and it looks great. I do like a bit of ride quality rather than the slammed look tho, so to each his own.

Users who are viewing this thread