Third breaklight replacement

Dale99SVT

Established Member
Hi everyone,
I am writing to see if anyone knows where I can find a replacement taillight lense that is in the trunk lid.Does anyone else have a problem with their light looking dull and scratchy? Any help would be appreciated, thanks alot. Dale

E. Green Cobra

Bounced in the 1st!
Established Member
Dale99SVT said:
Hi everyone,
I am writing to see if anyone knows where I can find a replacement taillight lense that is in the trunk lid.Does anyone else have a problem with their light looking dull and scratchy? Any help would be appreciated, thanks alot. Dale

Mine looks like that- I believe blue oval industries has em for like $75 bananas- or you could find one in the market off a wrecked one-- personally 75 smackers is too much coin to waste on a light cover so Im thinking of going to a saleen wing/spoiler to cover it up

they do sell cheap vinyl covers you can put over em- or just throw some atf on it with a rag- will look brand new for a few days

Last edited:

suprsnke

Established Member
Ya, Wellcome to the club! My 99' has to be replaced also, looks like someone sprayed gray primer on it. Have some connections and its still gonna cost me $60.........

01vert

Established Member
use a plastic cleaner from a HD place or find some at an auto parts store. Will clean off most overspray and some scratches that look like they should never come out, good stuff. Only used the stuff from Harley so I can't vouch for anything else.

E. Green Cobra

Bounced in the 1st!
Established Member
01vert said:
use a plastic cleaner from a HD place or find some at an auto parts store. Will clean off most overspray and some scratches that look like they should never come out, good stuff. Only used the stuff from Harley so I can't vouch for anything else.
How long does this last? I use atf (sometimes oil hehe) :lol1: basically any petro product although armourall doesnt seem to work and it looks good for a while (as long as the car is garaged)

01BlueCOBRA said:
i wonder if they have a cover that says Cobra or something ??
They do, go to fnsweet- (in the market/class section) a guy is making custom cobra/svt/Roush/ etc.... (its a Roush site) the price is $25 seems steep to me (however I dunno) If I wanted to make one itd cost be about 12secs of my time as I have the tools -however im not into the over the top emblem/model show em off thing- the ss inserts are more than enough for me!

Last edited:

01vert

Established Member
The plastic cleaner removes scratches with a mild abrasive, kinda like rubbing compund works. Onecs the scratches are gone, they are gone forever

Users who are viewing this thread