Third brake light lens removal

stangfam

Established Member
I am trying to remove the lens from the third brake light but something is holding it back. I have removed the 2 torx screws and the lens slides left to right(and back) a little bit. What is preventing the lens from coming out? Any tips or things to be aware of?

Thanks, Jay

totenkopf13

Trouser Snake
Established Member
Pull it out. There is a connector. You'll figure it out. I guess you are replacing it because it is broken. If not be VERY CAREFUL when taking it out and also when putting it in.

stangfam

Established Member
It's not broken, but you guys have now convinced me to leave it as is. My intention was to temporarily remove it so I could detail the area better. I will find a different/better way to clean it.

Thanks, again.

jbrown1238

Built on 4-7-03 @ 3:47:15
Established Member
It's not broken, but you guys have now convinced me to leave it as is. My intention was to temporarily remove it so I could detail the area better. I will find a different/better way to clean it.

Thanks, again.

Trust me, I don't even pull mine when I paint the car. Broke two and gave up on ever getting it out in one piece.

DSC06779.jpg

Last edited:

srl135

Wreck 'em Tech!
Established Member
+1 to the fragile note... guess i was lucky enough to have a good one.. for awhile. Got broken when someone pushed against it a little too hard. Too bad you cant just buy an outer lens it.

I havent priced it up.. but heard bad rumors about the price

03Snake04

! Sonic Boom !
Established Member
x2 on post #7 ... removing the 2 bolts does not allow it to fall out .. 3 clips(small lips) still hold it in place

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread