Thinking Selling..

Fast01Cobra

Established Member
I'm making a career change and I think I'm going to sell my '03 Cobra with 9700miles on it.... Any suggestions on asking price?? I'm not real happy about it, but it's a must..

Fast01Cobra

Established Member
WhinNNFlyN03 said:
DAMN MAN lets trade

LoL If it wasn't for me needing to eliminate my payment, I'd consider... But I need to get rid of the payment and insurance..

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You could try to get $27,000. depending on the condition, but it is more likely you'll get closer to $25K. Best of luck! Hope you get the best price possible if you have to sell it.

P.S. - Just noticed it's DSG. Brings back fond memories of mine! Nice. I just clicked on the link with a pic.

redstaf426

Established Member
Fast01Cobra said:
I'm making a career change and I think I'm going to sell my '03 Cobra with 9700miles on it.... Any suggestions on asking price?? I'm not real happy about it, but it's a must..

I know it's probably ain't right...But I would at least put the stock pulley and gears back on,also the stock H pipe,cus if you want to sell it fast, buyers and enthusiasts out there are most likely not too fond on modded cars with the warrenty already voided,and that's been modified by some one else already.You can probably sell it at a higher price if it's close to stock,and sell the parts on the forums or e-bay to get most of your money back.

o3SnakeBite

Die Hard Sports Junkie
Established Member
Redstaf has a point... If I was in the market for an 03 cobra, I wouldn't buy one that has been pullied.. Intake and exhaust are fine, plus you can sell the pulley for some extra money, I know your not going to go rip the gears out cause thats a pain, but I would sell the E/T streets seperate as well... Cars are worth what people are willing to pay, Goodluck with the sale

musclesBMF

Established Member
Sold mine for $27,500 with 22,000 miles.
I'm located in FL also. Ask a little high and then let the buyer negotiate a little so that you still get at least the minimum you want for the car.

Mark

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Contrary to what some might believe, a lot of buyers prefer buying a modded Cobra because they're getting more for their money. And they likely plan to mod it anyway. So removing the mods isn't always a smart thing. And remember that if you remove the mods you have to insure there are absolutely no signs of the mods being there. If the signs are there the potential buyer will now wonder what mods WERE on the car. And also remember that a dealer might even have noted those mods. So a vehicle history check might reveal them. Just some other points to consider.

There are, though, some mods I'd remove and sell separately. Especially mods that would be more undesireable to the average buyer like racing seats, big bass sound system, custom wheels, etc.

03snake03

Established Member
IMO, if you put yourself in the future buyers shoes wouldn't you want to know if the car was modded? Sell it as is and let the buying know all that has been done. I just paid 26k for a brand new 03 black coupe with 122 miles on it so if you keep the mods on it I bet you could get around 27-28k.

Good luck with you new career.

:)

Fast01Cobra

Established Member
Thank you all for the comments.... I am going to sell it as it sits with the mods. It's a beautiful car that is garage kept and only driven once every couple of weeks. I think I'll start at $27k and see what I get for response. Like I said I really don't want to sell it, it's just a necessity.

Later

Fast01Cobra

Established Member
SCMod46 said:
That sucks man what do you want to get instead. I would say try and get like 26 for it.

Actually I will probably get a small pickup truck now..... I am trying to obtain mine private pilots rating and need to cut back some of my costs....

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
Posts like this make me sick... If I could have done it all over again I would have not bought mine and waited to buy a stang from someone on here... well cared for, mods already paid for instead of being a sticker sucker... I agree, I'd leave the mods on and ask no less than $27k.

Users who are viewing this thread