thinking or trading in......

Phreakfree

Spitz Venom
Established Member
I've got a black cobra vert, and recently, I've been wishing I had a coupe instead. it's only got 6700 miles on it. Since it's a vert, any chance I can trade it up on a 03 coupe? It blue books for a 28k trade in.. whcih I know it's not cause a new coupe can be gotten for 28k. I hoping to do almost a direct trade.. what do you guys think? or am I just crazy? :shrug:

ridethelighteni

foolish samurai warrior
Established Member
Yep you are crazy. What's the deal, summers over, and now you want your cake and eat it too?

What little you lose in performance, you gain in FUN! Whole reason I chose this car over other similarly priced high peformance types was the back seat and rag-top. Wouldn't trade the vert for anything.

But to each his own, good luck.

JR_Cobra

Established Member
Originally posted by ridethelighteni

What little you lose in performance, you gain in FUN! Whole reason I chose this car over other similarly priced high peformance types was the back seat and rag-top. Wouldn't trade the vert for anything.

Yep, for me, without the back seat and the rag top, it's must another fast car. My family loves it, I am a hit with my kid's buddies and my friends always want me to drive. I have the top down 90% of the time from April thru October. Living in Dallas, I even get to put it down at times during the winter.

I've owned a coupe and got tired of it after a while. But, with the vert, I've never had a car that was more fun.

Good luck!!

ALA G8R

Banned
Trading in any car is a losing proposition. Might as well just write the dealer a check for $2k. Sell it yourself and use the difference to put down on the coupe.

Trade-in value for a vert will be at a seasonal low now that winter is coming.

95oRANGEcRUSH

Who's that whore?
Established Member
I thought that people who owned verts always said that once you have owned a convertible, you'll never want a hard-top again?

Phreakfree

Spitz Venom
Established Member
Originally posted by 95oRANGEcRUSH
I thought that people who owned verts always said that once you have owned a convertible, you'll never want a hard-top again?

I guess that doens't apply to me.. I like the vert sometimes.. I've just alwaus been a hardtop kinda guy,,,, few reasons I got a vert was for those sunny days, and also to keep me from modding it too much. I'll probably stick with it though. :shrug:

tammy

Established Member
Ummmm could you pm me? We have a coupe black and my husband wants a vert now! How was i to know this when i bought him this car last year at christmas. He has just rolls 6k miles on it. Just thought we could play with the idea and see if anything comes of it. Thanks tammy

Users who are viewing this thread