Thinking og goin turbo!

chipmonk

Established Member
My car currently is getting head lift and i have it listed for sale, im about to pull the motor to do studs and gaskets. i was thinking about maybe keeping it and putting pistons and rings in it and going turbo. Its currently got a whipple 2.3 on e85 pushing about 700 to the wheels. I would like to go back to pump gas if i went turbo, My goal would be 1000whp. is this obtainable on pump? Im not sue if i want to do singe or twins. If it is what kind of price would i be looking on the switch? I would try to keep the t56 for awhile as well. Any input would be appreciated.

mach1033

Established Member
Go with a stroker 5.0, ported heads, custom cams and 9.5 1 compresssion. Return system for fuel and sullivan upper and lower intake will get you some impressive numbers on pump 93.

snakeraper11b

Established Member
I've never seen 1000rwhp on pump gas with the 4.6L. I seriously doubt you can do that.

You can get 100 on pump in some places for $8-$10. Google 100 octane pump gas with your cities name and enjoy. I know this is impractical and pretty expensive, but, you would be able to make a lot more power on THAT pump gas :rolling:

Last edited:

Turbo98

FR500TT
Established Member
You can get 100 on pump in some places for $8-$10. Google 100 octane pump gas with your cities name and enjoy. I know this is impractical and pretty expensive, but, you would be able to make a lot more power on THAT pump gas :rolling:
I know you can get 100 octane. When he said pump gas, I was assuming he meant nothing higher than standard 93 octane. E85 is pump gas too for that matter and you can literally make all the power you want. He won't make 1000rwhp on 93.
Edit; If he does make 1000rwhp on 93, it probably wouldn't be for long!

Last edited:

chipmonk

Established Member
yes i meant 93 oct, i dont really want to get that deep into a build. if i couldnt make a good jump in hp from going turbo i wouldnt really want to waste the money.

brentsSVT

Established Member
My buddies car on 93 with twin turbos and stock block made 780rwhp. It now has a built motor, cams etc and should be sitting around 900rwhp still on pump. And I believe he is still at 4.6l. He kept the rods and changed his pistons. 1000 is alittle high but I'm sure 900 is obtainable.

ruthless

Turbo Terminator and TVS Terminator Vert
Established Member
My car put out mid 700rwhp on 93 pump with a factory engine. Like the shop said "Where do you want to stop because this thing will just keep making power until parts are on the shop floor." We agreed that 750rwhp is very safe on a 93 pump tune with the factory engine and they have no fear of it letting go. Yes it could have been pushed harder but there is no need for the kind of racing that I do with my car.

After that pull I decided to go with a th400 transmission. I am currently limited by traction on the street even with Hoosier QTPs, baseline rear suspension and a drag setup in the front. I have picked up a AMS-500 boost controller to ramp the boost in so I can keep the car hooked.

So in short...Dont get caught up in the numbers game and make sure you get a suspension under the car to take advantage of the power that you are making. I am not upping the power until I get this thing hooked up 100%.

Users who are viewing this thread