Thinking of trading in GT500 on Ford GT

jcthorne

Established Member
I have owned and enjoyed my GT500 for nearly 5 years now. Been a great and fun car. Looking to move up a bit. Considered more mods to the GT500 but after some considerations I think I can swing the cost of a Ford GT just after the new year. Anyone else made this transistion? Seems a next logical step I suppose. The GTs seem to hold thier value very well so I should not loose much for owning it. Wife even seems to be on board with the idea. It will be blue of course.....

jcthorne

Established Member
Well its investment funds. Funds that dont earn much or worse loose value in this economy. The GT would not do any worse and be a whole lot more fun.

Spitfire_GT

Back in the saddle
Established Member
Well its investment funds. Funds that dont earn much or worse loose value in this economy. The GT would not do any worse and be a whole lot more fun.

I concur with your logic. The problem for me is that I would probably want to drive it too much, then I wouldn't ever want to sell it. Otherwise it would be a better investment than the market.

8urV8

Addicted To Boost!!!
Established Member
Thats my next mission! It would have to be black as well.Thats a car of cars looks great and its a good investment! I would like to a get a GNX before I can get one but in time I would say. DO IT:rockon:

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
I have both, they are not even comparable. You will NOT be disapointed in any way, unless you need a back seat, or a trunk from time to time.....

AnthonyNoz

Established Member
Thats my next mission! It would have to be black as well.Thats a car of cars looks great and its a good investment! I would like to a get a GNX before I can get one but in time I would say. DO IT:rockon:

A gnx is one of my dream cars,
O.p if you have the money do it, you only live once!

Established Member
I have both, they are not even comparable. You will NOT be disapointed in any way, unless you need a back seat, or a trunk from time to time.....

+1

And even if you do drive it, they are holding their value extremely well.

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
It will likely be a great upgrade. However I don't see the economic value in taking investment funds to do so. However I do see the value to your soul.

If I didn't have young kids, many expenses anticipated, I'd likely have a TTFGT now.

Last edited:

ArabianOak

Established Member
your going from a sports car to an exotic car that most people have never seen on the road. two words DO IT!

my friend owns an exotic car dealer and sells those with little to no miles all the time. he just sold one to someone in korea and actually shipped the car is 3 pieces because it saves a shitload in taxes when you don't ship the car and instead ship car parts.

the Ford GT actually comes apart in 3 large pieces....I have never seen anything like it in my life. It was pretty crazy! if you get time ask the Ford GT guys about it...i'm sure they know what i'm talking about.

jcthorne

Established Member
Cool story, although I do hope to buy mine all in one piece :)

I plan to put my GT500 up for sale in several places next week when I return from a trip. I intend to sell it complete with all mods intact as is. Someone will get a great deal as I realize these upgrades do not add sales value. I hope to sell it for market value for an un modified car of similar age and milage.

Purchase of the GT will have to wait until after Jan 1 because of tax reasons but unless this economy tanks badly between now and then...its going forward. Wife is on board and that was the big step. Funds are there with the sale of the gt500.

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
Well worth it, the car is an absolute blast and gets looks like no other, tons of power, and there is a Blue 05 white white stripe 4 option car on ebay for $97k with 50K!!! alot of miles but it looks pretty mint in NY, not a bad cheap option since you wont have to worry about putting the miles on it, it is worth the same with 50k as it is with 60k so plenty of room to enjoy it...otherwise you will need to spend around $118-135 for a nice low mileage one.

jcthorne

Established Member
That car has a salvage title. I will not go there.

The higher milage vehicles are a good value for me as I intend to drive the car. Would like to find a 20 to 50k mile blue car for 135 or so. I have not seen any sell for that low a price recently unless salvage title. It seems the actual sales price of these cars are now back above msrp. Except the red ones which seem to bring about 10k less.

ArabianOak

Established Member
dam...i seen these selling for less than 100K with little to no miles a few years ago...what made them go back up in price?

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
Cheap GT days are long gone. Many cars are selling for more than their original msrp. The dreams people had of picking one up when they fell under 100k, never really happened (yes some red versions w miles dipped under, etc...). 4038 made, sadly many totaled, and an iconic AMERICAN design, will keep prices solid, or rising. Pretty amazing, whats a 6 year old Ferrari, Lambo, Vette, Viper.... (or what ever) worth compared to its MSRP, today? Heck, even Cobra R's cant boast that (well maybe a 93)

jcthorne

Established Member
Well, time to put the GT500 up for sale if this is going to happen. Someone is going to get a GREAT deal on a very nice, well equipped GT500:
6261621374_dec6b3b9e1_b.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread