Thinking of switching to E85

ZX6Ray

Established Member
I have a 2011 GT500 and since there is no race gas readily available in my area I want to switch to E85. It burns cleaner, cooler and octane equivalent is higher. I dont care about gas mileage as the price of it is a moot subject comparing it to 93 octane prices. I do not want to run torco everyday... I dont want to subject my upper cylinders and wide bands to the layers of by product that results from running it. My setup is in my signature. Just wondering what I will need to make this happen fuel and spark wise. Thanks!

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
If E85 available to you and you want to push the highest HP you can on pump fuel, E85 all day.
I will be converting before fall.
-J

1320 Junkie

Established Member
IMG_20140731_195120_zpsfsewqqop.jpg

On demand 3rd pump for E85. I literally just finished my conversion tonight. I will give you a run down on my set up real quick

Fore Innovations E85 compatible return styleTriple 465 pump hat and 3 pumps

Rails are fed in parallel via a Y block from -10 feed and regulator is after the rails

Injector Dynamics ID1300's handle the fuel control

I will run on pump gas 80% of the time unless I really Fall in love with E85..then I might go 60/40 as theres a E85 station 38min from my house and I have over 100 gallons worth of Storage capabilities now.

My 93 pump gas tune will run off 2 pumps that are wired full time

The pic above is for just when E85 is in use....got the idea after researching the heat transfer from 3 pumps with pump gas...the heat increase was quite substantial.

Lmk if u need any tips or further help.

Jay

Last edited:

masterman

Established Member
I've been wondering if you can run E85 and then mix it with pump gas. I know the tunes will be different but you can just carry a tuner for that. I have an E85 station in my town, but outside of that I'm not sure if I can find one.

1320 Junkie

Established Member
I've been wondering if you can run E85 and then mix it with pump gas. I know the tunes will be different but you can just carry a tuner for that. I have an E85 station in my town, but outside of that I'm not sure if I can find one.

Yes you can...we actually have a 10% ethanol blend year round here in CT

Heddde

Established Member
Really in to E85 also...
IN sweden its good to drive E85 every tankstations has that fuel.
Want to know more info/setups of those driving E85 and HP gains versus petrol!?

TORQJNKY

IMG_20140731_195120_zpsfsewqqop.jpg

On demand 3rd pump for E85. I literally just finished my conversion tonight. I will give you a run down on my set up real quick

Fore Innovations E85 compatible return styleTriple 465 pump hat and 3 pumps

Rails are fed in parallel via a Y block from -10 feed and regulator is after the rails

Injector Dynamics ID1300's handle the fuel control

I will run on pump gas 80% of the time unless I really Fall in love with E85..then I might go 60/40 as theres a E85 station 38min from my house and I have over 100 gallons worth of Storage capabilities now.

My 93 pump gas tune will run off 2 pumps that are wired full time

The pic above is for just when E85 is in use....got the idea after researching the heat transfer from 3 pumps with pump gas...the heat increase was quite substantial.

Lmk if u need any tips or further help.

Jay

Jay, why didn't you just run a Fore Pump Controller and Hobbs? My car runs with one pump on all the time with two additional on demand at 2psi. I've even though about buying a 3-7psi adjustable Hobbs so the other two pumps didn't come on so quickly. Did you do it not to have to rely on a Hobbs switch? The FORE controller and Hobbs is proven and I have heard a single case of failure.

Users who are viewing this thread