Thinking of reporting my car stolen

Status
Not open for further replies.

D1SC_GT

Banned
Long story short, my builder closed up shop overnight for undisclosed reasons. He had my car towed to an unknown storage facility stating that he would continue working on it in his spare time. I come to find out that he's skipped town. We are still in contact and he's assured me that he would have my car released to me this passed Monday. He didnt and I havent heard from him.

What are my options? I know his name and I have multiple witnesses willing to attest to him taking the car from the shop.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I'd contact the police asap.

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
1. Find the car and tow it away immediately

OR

2. Report it stolen, continue to look for it, call police when you locate it.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Report it stolen, contact insurance with police report.

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
I would exhaust my own resources before I brand my car's title...

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
Theft recovery is not a small ding. You are usually talking a Salvage title afterwards, 30-40% value lost. I would not report it stolen until I made a real effort to get it back myself.

cbj5259

Established Member
In PA we have an "unauthorized use" section that we can charge. It pertains to known actors who use a vehicle without permission or don't return it. This type of charge may be applicable in your situation and will keep the title clean. Not sure if your state has a similar offense or not.

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
In PA we have an "unauthorized use" section that we can charge. It pertains to known actors who use a vehicle without permission or don't return it. This type of charge may be applicable in your situation and will keep the title clean. Not sure if your state has a similar offense or not.

I'm glad I know that. My general understanding is that some states don't brand the title if the car is recovered within a certain period of time.

shortydoo313

Established Member
Alllll lies everyone it's at the shop owner storage. One of his old employes bought the shop and they are in contact smh. This guy gets drunk as hell at night and post crap in our FB group then deletes it. Disregard this baby back Bologna BS!!!!!!! Carry on

cbj5259

Established Member
Alllll lies everyone it's at the shop owner storage. One of his old employes bought the shop and they are in contact smh. This guy gets drunk as hell at night and post crap in our FB group then deletes it. Disregard this baby back Bologna BS!!!!!!! Carry on
Can you post some sort of proof of what you are alleging? If so then this should go to SD.

D1SC_GT

Banned

Ignore above troll. He is an acquaintance of the individual that has my car. I will be retrieving my car tomorrow.

shortydoo313

Established Member
Oooooooooh ignore me alright *edited by moderator* I will be posting the text messages in the morn and as soon as I do can we PLEASE move this to SD because I think this *** needs his shit pushed in badly SVTPERFORMANCE I wanna be the first to say say op is a Fa.........G

**Keep insults in Smack Down please - moderator**

Last edited by a moderator:

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
Shorty, please PM me the proof before you post it so I can determine if the thread needs to be moved into Smack Down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread