THinking of getting a lightning in a few months.....mod question

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
Hey guys. I have to sell my 65 K-code, and I was thinking of getting a lighting after I get a few things settled. I can't help but to notice the prices on them. They seem to be pretty common in the 16-18K range. If I end up getting one, I wanted to do a couple of mods. Nothing too major since it will not see too much track time, and I don't like street racing. But I can't help but to have some nice power. I was thinking catback, CAI, pulley and tune. WE have a Borla on our Mach, and it sounds nice as hell.
I would appreciate any feedback. But my main inquiry is in the pulleys. For the DD with some power type setup, would a charger pulley only be the best way? What is the advantage/disadvatanges to changing both pulleys? Is the lower pulley generally just to get more boost? I would like to be 400-450 RWHP/TQ. What kind of gains have you all seen with these minor mods? I was also considering just buying a KB kit. From what I can tell, it is a bolt on setup and is only $2500 for the L. But, again, for mostly DD, I can't see it being worth it, vs. just putting a pulley on and calling it a day. Would a 3" pulley be good enough for that power?

Bootie

Established Member
There's a newbie FAQ sticky on the forum page. I think it will answer most of your questions. Let us know if you still have any afterwards. :)

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
SnipeJDM said:
There's a newbie FAQ sticky on the forum page. I think it will answer most of your questions. Let us know if you still have any afterwards. :)

Thanks..... me----> :bash:

Bootbox

Established Member
Oh man if I could only start over and just go back in time and get the KB. :(

KB, Silver Bullet catback, tune, and the Hotchkis TVS kit. That'd make a very nice daily driver.

Users who are viewing this thread