Thinking of getting a 5.0

nhancedsvt

Established Member
Ok so basically I just totaled my 98 SVT Contour and now I'm thinking about getting a fox body 5.0. I live in GA and I am finding it really hard to find a mustang for a descent price. Where are the best places to look? Also once I find one what are some things I should watch out for and what would be a reasonable price to pay for one?

BelvedereGTX

Banned
I bought one after i sold my cobra.
I hunted around on KBB.com and autotrader.com for a while. Price is hard to say because you cant really go by what blue book says any more. Most foxes have been either wrecked, drag raced and beat to shit, modded, etc, etc.
I finnaly found one back in october and drove for 3 hours with a truck and trailer to go get my dream fox. I talked the guy down 500 dollars from his initial 7000 dollar asking price by telling him id be up that evening with cash money green. The car I bought was a mint condition, bone stock, black on black 1993 LX 5.0 5 speed with 65k miles on it. stock radioand everything .He was the original owner too. The car was only listed for a couple days and i wasnt about to let it slip through my fingers. My point of all this is just to give you an idea. Of course, if you look at my sig, i couldnt help myself from ruining its character lol.

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
Man I dont know what part of GA your from but I live right on the North line in North Carolina and there are all kinds of good deals around here. Look on Autotrader I turned down two or three cars that were pretty good deals and I am going to pick up a 89 trunk car tomorrow that I bought on here. There are all kinds of good deals out there from the 3000 dollar stockers, to the 6-7 thousand dollar cars with basic bolt ons to the 10-12 I've got way too much money in this and just need to get out of it cars. I sold an 89 GT with 27,000 miles with a vortech and all kinds of goodies for 8 grand last year. They are hard to sell especially for a lot of money because people with that kind of money would rather do it there self.

nhancedsvt

Established Member
well i found the one i'm getting... hopefully this weekend or next.it's a 91 SSP coupe with brand new tranny, clutch, and a lot of other things. i test drove it and it's a blast to drive!

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
nhancedsvt said:
well i found the one i'm getting... hopefully this weekend or next.it's a 91 SSP coupe with brand new tranny, clutch, and a lot of other things. i test drove it and it's a blast to drive!
Congrats!:beer:

KduncSS

Ille qui nos omnes servab
Established Member
I know what you mean about Fox cars in GA, especially around ATL. I looked for a coupe for a couple of months and could not find one that wasn't either wrecked, rundown, or a 4 cylinder swap for less than 8-10k. I said *** it and bought an LS1 for just a little more. Congrats on your find though.

Users who are viewing this thread