Thinking of enlisting as 15T or in Intelligence

applecarguy

Established Member
I have seen that quite a few people on here are 15T in the Army and I wanted to get some opinions. Today I took the ASVAB and I got a 124 on my MM line score. I really want to be a Blackhawk mechanic then eventually work my way up to a crew chief. On a side note I will be enlisting in the California National Guard. My recruiter is working on getting me 15T, but I am still possibly thinking about something in intelligence, maybe 35F. If I were to do intelligence what is the best/most interesting job? I am still leaning more towards 15T but I want to keep my options open and make sure I am making the right decision and getting the job I really want. For those of you who are 15T's is it a good job? How long does it take to become a crew chief? (I read somewhere that you have to be E-5 to be a crew chief). Anyone in intelligence have any input on any good jobs in intelligence?

Last edited:

charba951

BOOSTTD
Established Member
35F is the butt of MI lol! 35Q is the hot job right now, and a good money maker when you get out. If you want to learn a language 35P, the schooling is really hard tough. 35N are analysts. They do some cool shit when deployed, and the gig state side isn't bad either. I'm currently in the process of reclassing to 15W.

applecarguy

Established Member
35F is the butt of MI lol! 35Q is the hot job right now, and a good money maker when you get out. If you want to learn a language 35P, the schooling is really hard tough. 35N are analysts. They do some cool shit when deployed, and the gig state side isn't bad either. I'm currently in the process of reclassing to 15W.

I am not able to do 35Q or 35N since I am going into the guard. Thats active only I think. So 35f isnt worth it? haha

charba951

BOOSTTD
Established Member
I am not able to do 35Q or 35N since I am going into the guard. Thats active only I think. So 35f isnt worth it? haha

It's not "bad" but you'll most likely be putting together powerpoint slides lol. Easy job, but aviation would be a lot more interesting. I tried to reclass for 15T, but it wasn't available to me.

applecarguy

Established Member
It's not "bad" but you'll most likely be putting together powerpoint slides lol. Easy job, but aviation would be a lot more interesting. I tried to reclass for 15T, but it wasn't available to me.

haha thats the hard decision for me. Obviously 15t seems way more fun/interesting but 35f seems like it will be better for getting jobs in the civilian world.

charba951

BOOSTTD
Established Member
haha thats the hard decision for me. Obviously 15t seems way more fun/interesting but 35f seems like it will be better for getting jobs in the civilian world.

I think helicopter mechanics make a decent living in the civilian side. Plus it'll be easier to go warrant and fly them bitches! Why not look at 15R...APACHE

89armygt

Established Member
IF you wanna crew the aircraft stick to the 15T or 15U. 15R are just mechanics for the apache. Im a 15T and i can tell you right now that you do not have to be an E5/SGT to crew. We get kids right out of AIT that go straight to flight companies. Luck of the draw. Im active so it may possibly be different on the guard side. I love the crew gig. Get payed to fly and shoot guns out the side of an aircraft. If you do come into the best aviation field, 15T of course, always look for something to do. They look for the motivated soldiers always trying to learn more and more about the bird. We want those guys crewing it over someone who thinks they can just sit around and get that job. Best of luck to you in your military career. Let us know what you end up picking. Side note. If you can work on a car you can work on a helicopter. Its to easy.

applecarguy

Established Member
IF you wanna crew the aircraft stick to the 15T or 15U. 15R are just mechanics for the apache. Im a 15T and i can tell you right now that you do not have to be an E5/SGT to crew. We get kids right out of AIT that go straight to flight companies. Luck of the draw. Im active so it may possibly be different on the guard side. I love the crew gig. Get payed to fly and shoot guns out the side of an aircraft. If you do come into the best aviation field, 15T of course, always look for something to do. They look for the motivated soldiers always trying to learn more and more about the bird. We want those guys crewing it over someone who thinks they can just sit around and get that job. Best of luck to you in your military career. Let us know what you end up picking. Side note. If you can work on a car you can work on a helicopter. Its to easy.

Thanks for your opinion. I am kind of bummed, I got the slot for 15T but I was having issues with my recruiter so I decided not to join. I am just going to wait a couple months then find a new recruiter then go from there. Or I might just start out doing ROTC at my college and see how that goes if I don't like it I will probably end up enlisting.

89armygt

Established Member
Id request another recruiter. You can do that you know. Go for ROTC for sure if your not gonna join right now. Hell just finish college then go straight to flight school. Yes you can actually do that. Dont let those douches at the recruiting station tell you otherwise. They are full of crap. They have officer recruiters to bring in recruits straight into the officer ranks. Best of luck to you.

R1der

SVT Vet
Established Member
15T best 6 years of my life I had a blast. 5 as a CE. ...met a ton of cool people and flew alot of places most people will never see.

Last edited:

89armygt

Established Member
I 2nd that! I love flying and the stuff that you do is awesome. I hope the OP does end up going into the blackhawk community one way or another.

applecarguy

Established Member
Thanks for all the good opinion guys! I am hoping to eventually end up in aviation. I am hoping to start rotc in the fall once I go to college, and hopefully once I get my commission I can get a slot for flight school.

cloned

Established Member
Just droppin this out their if you want do do something the reserve is not the place to do it I went from active finished and ets and went into the reserve and what a joke and I'm not saying all reserve guys are a joke just the fact that you can never get stuff done I went back to the irr and to be honest I never should of got out of active

VenomGTX

Awesome SVT Poster
Established Member

35P! FLP pay for the win.

Smileyboy

2V guy
Established Member
Aviation would give you more options if you decide to get out in the civilian sector. If you go 35F, you are pretty much stuck in the gov't field. However, the 35F is a fun MOS if you get in the right unit and a good section. Lots of training opportunities exists for the MI field and the 35F in particular, you just have to know where to look. You will end up doing alot with power point, which can either be good or bad. Again depending on the unit.

Users who are viewing this thread