thinking of doing an eaton swap but idk

99'WhiteCobra

Established Member
been thinking about this for a while and was wondering if anyone knows a place where they sell the whole kit?.. or any terminator going turbo.. i dont need the eaton since im going whipple :).. or should i just keep my vortech system??? thanks for input

droptopsnake01

N/A FTW!
Established Member
if your getting a whipple then I would build the motor first. No point in putting a Whipple on your car if you cant really use it.

01yellercobra

Established Member
If you say you're getting a whipple, what are you asking?

He's asking if he should do the swap or keep his Vortech. And is he does the swap he's going just go straight for the Whipple.

No one sells a kit. You'll have to piece it together yourself. Or find someone going turbo. For the second option your best bet would be to post in the market section.

goldenbear

Established Member
I'm selling one that is pretty much 100 percent complete. You would just need to find the heat exchanger bracket, or make one yourself from home depot parts lol. It comes with a bunch of upgrades too: posi race ported eaton, ported tb/plenum, diablo MAFIA, lightning 90 mm MAF with adapter plate, 2.76 billetflow upper pulley, billitflow idlers, exapanded coolant tank, JLT CAI...... and maybe a couple other things im forgetting.. I have the stuff in the bay area, but if you wanted I could take it down to LA this upcoming weekend for 2800 all... that would include all the upgraded parts as well.. i also have a 04 cobra tank for 400 if you wanted it..let me know if you are interested =) 909 762 0401

notchstang92

Spoolin'
Established Member
Theres a guy on here named 95LSC I think or something like that. He sells complete kits as he gets them. Fair prices and his doesn't pull any scams. I got mine from him a few years ago and was very happy with the transaction.

The guy above is offering a fair deal on his with the upgrades and 04 cobra tank. The heat exchanger bracket is nothing difficult to handle. If he really has all the parts you need you should look into it. The pulleys, idlers and ported eaton would run you over $800 to buy it all new and you would still need a stock eaton to have Posi port it for you.

swt99svt

Established Member
I just finished my Eaton and love it. Tons of info out there for you to get started. I can give you the number to the guy I got my kit from. He parts out 03/04 Cobras for a living and does 3-4 a month.

bighunt

Established Member
I just finished my Eaton and love it. Tons of info out there for you to get started. I can give you the number to the guy I got my kit from. He parts out 03/04 Cobras for a living and does 3-4 a month.

Would that be 95SC, or someone else? How much did it run you?

Not trying to thread hijack- I'll start my own if need be- but exactly what all "supporting mods" are needed for an eaton swap?
Like it's almost a requirement to upgrade halfshafts etc. right?
Starting to save up right now to hopefully swap an eatonon, and want to make sure I upgrade as much as possible before hand too.

Jaysin

Established Member
Would that be 95SC, or someone else? How much did it run you?

Not trying to thread hijack- I'll start my own if need be- but exactly what all "supporting mods" are needed for an eaton swap?
Like it's almost a requirement to upgrade halfshafts etc. right?
Starting to save up right now to hopefully swap an eatonon, and want to make sure I upgrade as much as possible before hand too.

I don't think you have to upgrade your halfshafts because of an Eaton. If you are smart with the car and don't launch it in high rpms all the time and beat on it there isn't much reason you couldn't maintain the stock ones. Though I do know some guys who upgrade to the Terminator halfshafts as they are a bit stronger and have more splines I believe.

As far as supporting mods, the main thing is making sure your fuel system is capable of supporting the boost levels your wanting to run, without being maxed out. Injectors, Fuel Pumps, BAP, etc are in that category, some even jump for the Terminator fuel tank. Also want to make sure you know who your gonna have tune it, and you might want to think about upgrading the clutch sometime if you end up doing the swap. The stock unit will hold for awhile, but depending on how much power you make, it will be a weak point.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I don't think you have to upgrade your halfshafts because of an Eaton. If you are smart with the car and don't launch it in high rpms all the time and beat on it there isn't much reason you couldn't maintain the stock ones. Though I do know some guys who upgrade to the Terminator halfshafts as they are a bit stronger and have more splines I believe.

The 99 Cobras have 28 spline inner CV's. The 01 and 03/04 have 31 spline. But the shaft itself on the 03/04 is thicker. The outer hub has the same spline count all years.

Jaysin

Established Member
Thanks for the clarification, I knew the 99s were different from the 01s, but wasn't sure if the 03/04s were any different spline wise.

swt99svt

Established Member
Nope, wasn't 95SC. Actually found the guy on corral.net. For supporting mods, I did one Ford GT fuel pump and that was it. I'm not a track junkie so it will be fine for the Sunday drives ;). I also did a C&L powerpipe, K&N FIPK, boost gauge, billet flow factory pulley with billet flow hub and that's it for the aftermarket stuff.

I thought about going BAP but figured it was worth the money to invest in a new pump... You've got to think, is it better to have more flow without power behind it that can handle more power or powering a 11-12yr old pump that once it's maxed, it's maxed?

Users who are viewing this thread