Thinking of buying a HD, got a few ?'s

bigwill306

Im Broke Bitch
Established Member
is there anything i should look out for? i have a 00 lightning and i think there pretty close to the same truck. also which years are supercharged and is there a better year than others. any help would be appreciated. thanks in advance.

69mach03

Established Member
2002 and 2003 models are supercharged. 2000-2001 models are not.
Color options for all years include Black, DSG was offered in 2002, and Black / Silver in 2003.
I'm personally looking for a 02 DSG with around 50k miles.

ponyboyisaac

Now Kaioken...times 10!!
Established Member
I know most likely this isnt what your looking for, but you should just check out the 08 harleys anyway! I test drove one at my dealer and man they are a hoot to drive. AWD plus saleen supercharger=nothing but grins! 450hp and only about 4-5lbs of boost. Its a big heavy expensive truck but if your in the market for one, thats the one to get.

69mach03

Established Member
I know most likely this isnt what your looking for, but you should just check out the 08 harleys anyway! I test drove one at my dealer and man they are a hoot to drive. AWD plus saleen supercharger=nothing but grins! 450hp and only about 4-5lbs of boost. Its a big heavy expensive truck but if your in the market for one, thats the one to get.

$16k versus $46k :burnout:

69mach03

Established Member
I'm looking to spend 15-16k and I want something with low miles. Not really interested in buying something with 100k on the odometer.

bigwill306

Im Broke Bitch
Established Member
I'm looking to spend 15-16k and I want something with low miles. Not really interested in buying something with 100k on the odometer.

mileage dosent bother me, but these truck did have like 70k or so on them. my lightning has 120k on it, everyone sh!ts a brick when they hear that.:burnout:

Black Molly

Established Member
The real deal on the Harley....YOU WANT THE 03 Harley. The main reasonis it has 8 threads on the spark plug instead of 4. You also have a power rear window. the 03 is the 100th ann. of HD and has really cool badges..I perfer the "shamu" siler and black. just looks nice. The 03 have more little things that the 02 did not have. Mind you that I own a 02 and REALLY LOVE the truck. It has the comforts of a big truck but the speed of a L..they fool A LOT of people IMO 03 Shamu..if not 02 black HD with the flame

Scarpino

Established Member
Bigwill306....keeping the L and buying an HD? A man with a mission and money! Stay away from my wife!:lol1:

bigwill306

Im Broke Bitch
Established Member
Bigwill306....keeping the L and buying an HD? A man with a mission and money! Stay away from my wife!:lol1:

:lol: thats what i got in mind anyways! they are dirt cheap right now, and i was looking for one when i bought my lightning. i love the int. on those trucks, and not to metion the two extra doors.:burnout:

as far as money! yeah right, i gotta finance this one!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread