thinking of bumping up compression for my F1A setup

vic_s197

Established Member
Iv been thinking of bumping up my compression on my 05 gt. It's at 10.0 : 1 with an f1a at 23-24 psi built motor h/c/I on e85. My buddy is looking for a built short block so I told him I'd sell him mine so I could get a little more aggressive with my setup. Iv seen alot of people running 11.5-12.0:1 with 20+ psi with out issues . What is the highest compression I could get away with with the F1A running the same amount of boost? I would like to run 12.0:1 if I could get away with it

stroked mach

Established Member
better leave it alone looks like you could do a little something else I have a high cpr and I wish I would have gone 10.5.1 or so I have a 12.9.1 or so and I have to run 93 with a little additive and had to pull a lot of timming, I hope to go e85 to get some more timming in the motor for some better hp numbers, I had a lot of spark nock with the timming from my last build so this round we had to pull a lot and the hp showed I should be in the 400 hp range and as of now im just 340 so hope to see better numbers from e85

Users who are viewing this thread