thinking about using this sign to display during car shows, opinions?

TexasShelby

Established Member
This is what I use.

Shelby-Thank-you-for-not-touching_zps40405cbf.jpg

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Touch mitigation strategy:

1. Park Car
2. Remove chair from trunk
3. Remove super soaker from trunk
4. Sit next to car with super soaker out of view
5. Soak person starting to touch or lean on car
6. Enjoy the show

I rarely leave my car alone at shows. Too many morons that want to lean against it for photos with keys hanging out, belt buckles, etc; people who can't control their kids; and people that don't look where they are walking. The last thing I want is a major scratch from a car show. It's worse than a WalMart parking lot.

Last edited:

mnewxcv

Established Member
sorry OP, i was the one at cars and coffee eating the hot dog with all the fixins. while trying to get a good look inside, i spilled mustard all over the seat. you can imagine my horror. this hot dog cost $7! Anyway, I wiped it off the seat as best I could and looked under the hood. nice blower! I wanted to see what it looked like up close because I've never seen one in person. You can guess what happened next. the "dog" slid out of the bun all together and onto the battery! it shorted both terminals and EXPLODED all over the engine bay. I was BULLSHIT. Now I have a bun with ketchup and mustard in my hand. I'd only taken one bite. I cleaned up the engine bay as best I could to get as much of my hot dog back, but it was useless. It was gone.

so basically OP, if you could give me my $7 back i'd appreciate it.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
I think those signs seem pretentious, unless it's a very very clean very high dollar ride. I would hope 99.9% of people would not touch your car out of pure respect without having to be told. I guess small kids could be an issue - but to be honest I don't see many kids at shows.

TexasShelby

Established Member
pretentious? LOL you have no idea what pigs people can be. And if you are a serious car show-er at a serious car show, judges will most certainly deduct points for hand prints on your car. And don't think most people won't put their hands on it, even lean against a fender with a belt buckle. Most are completely ignorant to how long it takes to get a car ready for a show.

Users who are viewing this thread