Thinking about trying to start up a stang/SVT club

SVTcobraGirl

Banned
Been considering this for a while since hardly anyone in this area hangs out together anymore on weekends. Ive noticed several lightnings and a few cobras running around this local area. So i started talking to the fiance about it and he suggested I try setting up a SVT club in this area.. it would include north alabama, southern Tn and Eastern Mississippi.

What are some ways I need to go about doing this?? I'd really like to get some stuff started before car show season starts up. Any input appreciated.

Matts00GT

Mongoloid Mike
Established Member
streetstangs.net. Mainly all Alabama mustangs but a few from other parts of the country. Most of them are local to the Anniston/Oxford/Gadsden area which Im right in the middle of. May be to far of a trip for you.

SVTcobraGirl

Banned
looking for more of huntsville on over.. considering huntsville is around 45 minutes to an hour from here.

i think my best bet is going to be to do a modern muscle car group.. allowing camaros and TAs..vettes ect get involved. Will probably have a better shot of this to actually look out for some badass rides out in town and put a flyer on em. Or to put an ad in the local currier.. $3 lol its worth it.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
first you have to think of a catchy name, like "stangbang". then you have it tattooed somewhere on your body that's visible ALL the time, like your neck :beer:
after that, they'll come-a-crawlin' :thumbsup:

instantmassege

LS WHAT?
Established Member
svt4stv said:
first you have to think of a catchy name, like "stangbang". then you have it tattooed somewhere on your body that's visible ALL the time, like your neck :beer:
after that, they'll come-a-crawlin' :thumbsup:

I think "Stang flyers" is more appealing.

Midnight_Cobra

It's an Atomic Serpent!
Established Member
I've started my own club, first couple of weeks it was only like 4 cars a week. Now its anywhere from 6-20 depending. Key is, get the word out! Getting a website is good, or try to join a website that will open a new section for your city. Like the local section in SVTp for example.

The local website is about an hour drive from where I live, so I asked the owner if he would set up a section for our town. And it worked out, so our site is on their site now.

Putting a small sticker or something in dark blue for you, that says your club name would be good on the 1/4 window. Nothing to flashy, but a mustang next to you might see it.

What I did is I made some business cards. Like this. This is one side of it. The other side just says "Meet us at In-and-Out every saturday at 9pm for the local mustang meet"

I usually just put them on the weather stripping by the door, so they will see it when they open there door. not the windshield where they won't notice it as well. I've gotten 4 cars doing the business card thing. Get some some friends that have mustangs, and spread the word.

Good Luck.

Users who are viewing this thread