Thinking about the whipple 2.75 pulley.

Colt .45

Established Member
Right now I am running the 3.0 pulley on my 2.3 Whipple.
I am running 93 octane and making 569hp/517torque SAE. My Autometer boost gauge reads 16psi.
Will the 2.75 pulley be ok to run with 93 octane? Going by the boost chart the 2.75 is for 19lbs.
Theoretically since the 3.0 I have now is for 17lbs and I am seeing 16, I should see about 18 with the 2.75. Is that about right?

Also, my tuner said my fuel mods will support a smaller pulley than what I have now. Which are:
Stock pumps
BAP
60lb injectors

What do you think my numbers would be with the 2.75?

Last edited:

raym5_0

on 3 u go
Established Member
I'm seeing approx 19-20psi with a 2.8 RR upper, stock lower on a gen 1 2.3

with a 3" I was getting around 16-17psi

I have same fuel mods as you.

va boy

Established Member
I'm seeing a hair above 19lbs with my 2.3 on a 93 octane tune, it's all in getting yourself a good tuner with drivability and to avoid chasing dyno numbers and not going nuts with the timing, you should be fine. As long as your fuel mods will support a nice healthy AFR, to prevent detonation and subsequent melting of internals! Plenty of guys running 19-20 lbs on 93, again with a QUALITY dyno tune, of course I must follow this statement with a big IMO!

03mgtermi

Established Member
off topic question, but I live in Spring and am looking for a good tuner that is familiar with these cars/motors. who do you use and do you like them a lot or use them because that is your only option? thanks.

also, to answer your question on the boost and fuel, as long as its 93 octane you should be good up to 22#'s of boost but that is the bleeding edge and most people use torco or race gas at that point. so point being, as long as you don't get over 20#'s with the 2.75, i think you're ok.

Users who are viewing this thread