thinking about selling my 94 cobra

94 Cobbe

Established Member
hey guys im thinking about selling my 94 cobra. it currently has 99,700 miles on it. its #4992 of 5009. its crystal white, has electric sunroof, tan leather, tinted windows(back 3), eibach sportlines, brand new king cobra clutch with less than 100 miles on it, h-pipe flow masters, pro 5.0 shifter, k&n, shift light, and pullies. my question is how much do you guys think that i could get for it. i dont need to sell it, but id like to pay off the little debt.

Red98CobraStang

Got Torque?
Established Member
sunroof must be aftermarket. Ive been thinking about getting one put in my car. Id say 7k is the most you could get. talk to dano tho, he could probably get 9,500. he knows how to sell his cars and get top dollar for them.

Dano

"Book 'em Dano"
Established Member
94COBBE

Jeremiah, don't start low - that's the first rule of selling anything. If you're in a hurry to sell, you're going to lose.

I ran mine on Auto Trader On Line for atleast 1 1/2 years, and the buyer ended up being half way across the U.S. Just so happens the Navy moved him right here. Other than that, I had a lot of test drivers that couldn't get the money.

Look at the listings on E-Bay and Auto Trader On Line ... if your Cobra is in good shape, you'll be surprised at how high a price is being asked for '94 / '95s.

As far as I'm concerned, the 5.0s are getting scarce, so if you have a good Cobra, don't give it away. When you get right down to it, I guess it depends on how bad you want the money.

Good luck.

fordcobraman

Venom Powered
Established Member
man if you don't HAVE to sell it....why do it....You're my fellow brother over there....I say keep it....it isn't worth selling for what you will get for it...I KBB.com my car the other night....I have 90k miles on it and it said the cars worth is around 6,500$....DEFINITELY NOT worth selling!!

Dano

"Book 'em Dano"
Established Member
Just a side note to the price ... these so called "Blue Book" Web Sites provide prices that satisfy dealers and such. Three times, I turned down a little more than it was listed at. Of course I didn't need the money at that time, as much as I did toward the end. You can get whatever the market will bear. Mine sold for more than it was listed at, but I held out for the right buyer, and it worked out just fine.

Scream'nCobra

Cobra:No Substitute
Established Member
94 Cobbe said:
no, need to sell that though. why you want it? lol

haha no, but when you sell that won't you be able to pay off your debt? Did you put it in autotrader and on other websites? Like midwest street and strip, or stlsr? Might even try any local KC sites.

I say keep the cobra, try harder to sell the GT.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
it took me a LOOONG time to get the money i wanted for my GT when i sold it. and that was a 97 with 130k

Users who are viewing this thread