thinking about selling my '00 GT for either an '11+ 5.0 or 06+ C6 Corvette

paradigm

Established Member
I have been pondering the thought for a while now of selling my 2000 GT for either an 11+ 5.0 GT or 06+ C6 Corvette. I have never driven the new 5.0 nor a C6, but I have a feeling when I go for test drives this spring, that the decision will be made right there.

I like my GT, it is extremely clean, has about ~50k miles, all the ususal bolt-on's, and is a relatively rare color. But the car is dated, and will never handle as well as a vette or feel like a new mustang.

I am waiting to see what happens with the C6 resale value once the new C7 stingrays come out. My budget would be 25k for either the C6 or '11 5.0.

What are your thoughts? Should I do it?

Planter

Banned
are you wanting to buy a C6 Z06? or just a regular C6? I don't think the C6 Z06's are going to hit the $25K price range just yet, might be another 2 years+ before that happens. they are still in the mid to upper $30's.

a regular C6 (non Z06) could be had for your price range. If you're content with that, I say do it! I don't think you'll be disappointed.

very clean gt you have op :beer: if you sold it how much would you ask for it?

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Most here will say no to the C6 unless it is a C6Z.

I say BS to that. Most of those same people have never driven even a base C6

Not everything is about having the fastest or about straight line, etc.....

C6 in a heartbeat if you don't need the back seats.

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
are you wanting to buy a C6 Z06? or just a regular C6? I don't think the C6 Z06's are going to hit the $25K price range just yet, might be another 2 years+ before that happens. they are still in the mid to upper $30's.

a regular C6 (non Z06) could be had for your price range. If you're content with that, I say do it! I don't think you'll be disappointed.

C6 Z's arent going to be $25K in 2 years.. Maybe 8-10, but not 2.

Why is that? Because even though the new C7's are coming out, many people still love the C6 Z's and they are very desirable cars.

And theyre typically not "mid to upper 30's" either, unless theyre beat to shit or have a ton of miles on them.

More like mid 40's for one in good shape.

My vote is for a C5 Z, and if not, get the 5.0 in that price range. If you can find a clean LS3 C6, that gets my vote, but its gonna be hard to find a good one for $25K. If you wanted to spend a little more I'd say LS3 C6 > 5.0. LS2 < 5.0

paradigm

Established Member

It would be a regular LS2 or LS3 C6 base. If I go this route, I would wait until the C7 goes on sale for a few months, and see what happens with the C6 resale.

I am not sure how much I would sell it for yet, but I would try and sell it with all my mods rather than parting out.

Keep the stang, buy the c6 base. Problem solved.
Not in the cards. It doesn't make sense to have 2 summer cars here in Toronto.. need something for winter (which I already have).

Keep the 2000 and buy a used 5.0. Twice the Mustang fun!
As much as I would like notchback LX 5.0 fox, that will have to wait way down the line. I want something that I can daily which will be a massive improvement over what I currently have.

paradigm

Established Member
C6 Z's arent going to be $25K in 2 years.. Maybe 8-10, but not 2.

Why is that? Because even though the new C7's are coming out, many people still love the C6 Z's and they are very desirable cars.

And theyre typically not "mid to upper 30's" either, unless theyre beat to shit or have a ton of miles on them.

More like mid 40's for one in good shape.

My vote is for a C5 Z, and if not, get the 5.0 in that price range. If you can find a clean LS3 C6, that gets my vote, but its gonna be hard to find a good one for $25K. If you wanted to spend a little more I'd say LS3 C6 > 5.0. LS2 < 5.0
Why would you rank the LS2 C6 below a coyote mustang? Just curious?

Sick SVT

Established Member
I have been pondering the thought for a while now of selling my 2000 GT for either an 11+ 5.0 GT or 06+ C6 Corvette. I have never driven the new 5.0 nor a C6, but I have a feeling when I go for test drives this spring, that the decision will be made right there.

I like my GT, it is extremely clean, has about ~50k miles, all the ususal bolt-on's, and is a relatively rare color. But the car is dated, and will never handle as well as a vette or feel like a new mustang.

I am waiting to see what happens with the C6 resale value once the new C7 stingrays come out. My budget would be 25k for either the C6 or '11 5.0.

Get the 2011 5.0 if its in the budget. Rides good, creature comforts, and they can be pretty quick for not a lot, and you still get a backseat. I do like me a c6 though...

Last edited:

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
Why would you rank the LS2 C6 below a coyote mustang? Just curious?

If I were to spend the money on a base C6, it would definately be a LS3. More power and better mod potential with the factory block. The LS2's will depreciate much faster and arent going to be as desirable in the future.

For $25K though, like I said, I think you'd be better off with a clean newer low milage mustang than a older corvette with more miles.

Thats just my opinion though. Its a low budget for a C6 so thats why I voted for the 5.0

Planter

Banned
It would be a regular LS2 or LS3 C6 base. If I go this route, I would wait until the C7 goes on sale for a few months, and see what happens with the C6 resale.

very nice, if you get it I can't wait to see the pics.

I am not sure how much I would sell it for yet, but I would try and sell it with all my mods rather than parting out.

well, let me know once you figure it out, I might be in a position where I could buy, depending on the price and such. Been wanting to get back into a mustang, but graduation and moving to Colorado need to happen first (which all will happen by May 15th)

I think I've got a job locked down, will no more details soon. keep me in mind.

Never_Enough

Established Member

C6 prices are already way down. I have to give mine away last month. Go for the C6

Never_Enough

Established Member
If I were to spend the money on a base C6, it would definately be a LS3. More power and better mod potential with the factory block. The LS2's will depreciate much faster and arent going to be as desirable in the future.

For $25K though, like I said, I think you'd be better off with a clean newer low milage mustang than a older corvette with more miles.

Thats just my opinion though. Its a low budget for a C6 so thats why I voted for the 5.0

LOL

My boat anchor A6 Z51 LS2 C6 went 12.012 @ 118 MPH with just full exhaust, Vararam & tune. Little better 60' & hello 11s.

I sold it for $25,500 in January. Whopping 29k miles on it. 3LT, Nav & Z51 car.

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
LOL

My boat anchor A6 Z51 LS2 C6 went 12.012 @ 118 MPH with just full exhaust, Vararam & tune. Little better 60' & hello 11s.

Where did I call it a boat achor? I'm not saying they are bad cars, I'm just saying if I had the option to choose between a LS2 vette or new/lightly used 5.0, I'd pick the 5.0. I said clean LS3's generally can't be found for under $25k. I didn't mention anything about ls2's in that range.

Is the LS3 not a more desirable car to have for the base C6's? That's why they will hold value better.

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
I definitely think they will drop further once the C7 stingray hits the market.

I'm sure it's going to be affected, but not everyone is just going to trade their cars in for one. I have no intentions of trading any cars of mine in for one or even purchasing one for that matter.

People still want corvette, and not everyone can afford a new one.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
LOL

What Camaro_94 is saying that you couldve gotten more with the LS3. Its in a way like buying a 2010 GT over a 2011 GT, not exactly like it but kind of. The LS3 also had nicer interior improvements over the LS2 apart from the engine and slightly better handling. Both are great buys but if you're gonna buy a C6, might as well go for the next best thing which is the LS3.

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
What Camaro_94 is saying that you couldve gotten more with the LS3. Its in a way like buying a 2010 GT over a 2011 GT, not exactly like it but kind of. The LS3 also had nicer interior improvements over the LS2 apart from the engine and slightly better handling. Both are great buys but if you're gonna buy a C6, might as well go for the next best thing which is the LS3.

:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread