Thinking about Seafoam

Longtubes

Established Member
Arg Matey, arg! Me seafoam. Just kidding. Anyways, my GT has about 126k miles on it and been thinking about maybe seafoaming it. Is it simple to do?

I want to make sure, don't want to f anything up. Is it recommended for a 126k car?

Need to know exact details about how to do this and where to pour it in.

Last edited:

Longtubes

Established Member
Ok so car running, operating at mid way temperature, unhook vac line (from where btw) and let it suck it in. Won't this trigger a CEL?

DragginFeet

Established Member
Ok so car running, operating at mid way temperature, unhook vac line (from where btw) and let it suck it in. Won't this trigger a CEL?

No CEL. You will be fine. You can use the pcv valve. Just slowly pour it into the valve opening and don't stick it in the can as it will try to drink the can. I try to pour slow and steady. You won't spill any it will suck it right up

AtlanticRJ

Established Member
Generally I put 1/3 in the pcv valve, 1/3 in the gas tank, and 1/3 in the oil WITHIN 100 MILES of the next oil change. You will be surprised how dark your oil is....it breaks up a lot of junk. Also, be prepared for a smoke party!

AtlanticRJ

Established Member
The line you need is attached to the drivers side valve cover. Just pull it right out and feed the seafoam into it.

Users who are viewing this thread