Thinking about making the leap into the turbo world... On3 Performance TT kit?

BME

KING
Established Member
I've been tossing around the idea of going twin screw, but I know I'll eventually want to go TT as that's my dream build. I've always wanted a CO TT Cobra so I figure what the hell, why not do it now so I'm not wasting money changing the setups like most end up doing. I want to install the kit and be done with my boost set up. I'm not looking for insane power, just want a decent twin set up for fun/the occasional race. Now my question is, is the On3 Performance kit reliable? I eventually plan on getting new turbos, waste gates, and BOV but plan on just using their complete kit til around the spring. Also, does anyone have it that can vouch for it? Looking for something that will bolt in without any major fabrication. And before everyone recommends CG, I don't know enough about turbos to piece together a kit and don't really care to for that matter. Thoughts and inputs?

Woody6799

Established Member
why not do it now so I'm not wasting money changing the setups like most end up doing. I want to install the kit and be done with my boost set up.

I eventually plan on getting new turbos, waste gates, and BOV but plan on just using their complete kit til around the spring.

Well do you want to do it right once, or do it cheap and then redo it again? My .02, save your pennies and get the right set up, not some flaky On3 Garbage.

static74

in the 9's
Established Member
Lol they couldnt get single kits to seal up, I couldnt imagine a twin kit.

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
What is your budget? Turbo kit, tubular front suspension, fuel system, gear change, tuning, and the myriad of other things that will nickle and dime you on a turbo build are something that needs to be planned for. If you are coming in thinking you are just going to bolt a turbo kit on and go you are sorely mistaken.

1raresnake

Established Member
Whatever your budget is, double that or throw it out the window. With TT builds, you have so much little stuff that you don't take account for. I thought I was going to spend a certain amount but that was not the case. Fittings, hoses, clamps, gaskets, welding, etc all adds drastically without you knowing.

I've been tossing around the idea of going twin screw, but I know I'll eventually want to go TT as that's my dream build. I've always wanted a CO TT Cobra so I figure what the hell, why not do it now so I'm not wasting money changing the setups like most end up doing. I want to install the kit and be done with my boost set up. I'm not looking for insane power, just want a decent twin set up for fun/the occasional race. Now my question is, is the On3 Performance kit reliable? I eventually plan on getting new turbos, waste gates, and BOV but plan on just using their complete kit til around the spring. Also, does anyone have it that can vouch for it? Looking for something that will bolt in without any major fabrication. And before everyone recommends CG, I don't know enough about turbos to piece together a kit and don't really care to for that matter. Thoughts and inputs?

BoostedByV

No Fly By ZONE
Established Member
Whatever your budget is, double that or throw it out the window. With TT builds, you have so much little stuff that you don't take account for. I thought I was going to spend a certain amount but that was not the case. Fittings, hoses, clamps, gaskets, welding, etc all adds drastically without you knowing.

That's all I need to know :(

01yellercobra

Established Member
I looked into turbo kits when I had my 01. What I ended up figuring out was that custom was pretty much the only way to go. Everyone I saw with off the shelf kits ended up changing part or all of the kit. What's the point of buying a kit if you know you're going to end up changing wastegates, BOVs, clamps, etc? Save a little longer and do it right the first time.

BME

KING
Established Member
Fair enough, I like all of the answers here. I've heard On3 was horrible in the past but things have changed now so I thought they may be a viable option. Who makes a good twin kit? Whats my best route for a twin kit? Buying one used? My car needs a fuel system regardless of going twin screw or turbo so that's not a big deal. I want to go with coil overs and UPR K member so that was already planned for. Are 4.10's good for turbos? Tune is obvious. I was hoping to buy a complete kit so all the hosings, fittings, clamps, etc wouldn't surprise me?

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
Contact this guy. His kit is for sale. He goes by Jerry's03Cobra on here.

turbokit_zpsiroarukh.png

Nightmare302

OhChuteRacing Owner
Established Member
Fair enough, I like all of the answers here. I've heard On3 was horrible in the past but things have changed now so I thought they may be a viable option. Who makes a good twin kit? Whats my best route for a twin kit? Buying one used? My car needs a fuel system regardless of going twin screw or turbo so that's not a big deal. I want to go with coil overs and UPR K member so that was already planned for. Are 4.10's good for turbos? Tune is obvious. I was hoping to buy a complete kit so all the hosings, fittings, clamps, etc wouldn't surprise me?
4.10's are not good on a turbo. Why are you so set on twins? Sounds like you need to do some research on your own.

BME

KING
Established Member
Contact this guy. His kit is for sale. He goes by Jerry's03Cobra on here.

turbokit_zpsiroarukh.png

I'm not close to purchasing yet, just trying to gather some info.

4.10's are not good on a turbo. Why are you so set on twins? Sounds like you need to do some research on your own.

Thats been a dream of mine since well before I got the car. Now that I have it, i'd like to accomplish that if at all possible. Thats what's on my car now so I was just curious. And thats what I'm trying to do..

Last edited:

Nightmare302

OhChuteRacing Owner
Established Member
I'm not close to purchasing yet, just trying to gather some info.

Thats been a dream of mine since well before I got the car. Now that I have it, i'd like to accomplish that if at all possible. Thats what's on my car now so I was just curious. And thats what I'm trying to do..
No you are asking others to give the information to you. A single will perform just as well and is much less complicated and you only have to buy one of everything. Spend some time searching and reading it will pay off big time in the long run.

Emwun Garand

Established Member
I went from a big Twin Screw to a Hellion single kit. Then I spent a LOT more than I thought I would on modifying the Hellion kit, and other changes I made.

I changed from draw through to blow through.
I changed the blow off valve.
I powder coated the upper HPP sheetmetal intake, lower Sullivan intake, alternator cover, front engine cover, all of the cold side piping.
I ceramic coated the hot side piping, had a larger diameter downpipe fabricated out of stainless steel.
I had to buy DEI titanium wrap for the hotside piping.
I bought a really nice dual catch can setup to vent PCV to atmosphere.
The tuning took a bit of work.
I had to buy K member, control arms, coil overs, oil filter relocation kit.
I bought a bigger capacity Canton pan and tapped it for the drain line.
I also bought an ATI super damper crank pulley.
Had to do a few minor fabrication/modifications to thing to get them to fit.
After the new downpipe, I had to re-route a ton of hoses. Power steering, cooling, etc.
Some vacuum lines and wiring harnesses needed extending.
I had to change from chambered MAC mufflers to Borla stingers for the straight through design. You could run open downpipe or a cutout but I prefer not to.

I'm sure there's more I'm forgetting, but yeah, whatever your budget is, forget that. Double it to be safe.

1990jmcturbo

@03svtjmc
Established Member
i been researching turbo stuff for awhile now because i also plan on doing it because it would be my dream build. CG fab does make a hot side kit for the twin turbos that is badass. and i talked to them they offer a cold side kit as well. it says its for a 2v but they told me it would work on the 4v's also. they dont make a cold side for a single turbo setup. hellion has the single kit, but they also have the TT kit that locates the turbos down in the bumper. ive heard good things about them fitment wise and all that, but id never want to run it simply for the fact i want that money shot when you open the hood and tubos are in the engine bay. ive heard great things about the HPP twin turbo kit. and the THP twin turbo kit. there just pretty expensive. on3 i havent heard anything about there twin turbo kits, couple guys ran there single turbo kit and they said it worked out well for them but none the less, if you went that route just use there piping. for me, id just run a cg fab hot side. ive talked to them some and there customer service has been pretty good. good luck with your turbo switch.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread