Thinking about going with a 2.75 inch pulley. Too much for a stock motor?

Quad4_72

Established Member
So my 3 inch pulley has been fun but I still want more. I want to throw on the 2.75 inch pulley for my supercharger. I also plan to put on some longtube headers as well (I need to figure out which setup for this too). Will the stock motor still be ok to handle the smaller pulley?

Quad4_72

Established Member

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
I think most tuners recomend 11psi or less on a stock motor... I have BBK long tubes. I think they are really nice for the money. At your power level, an off X pipe & stock headers will probably make around the same power as long tubes though.

Quad4_72

Established Member
I think most tuners recomend 11psi or less on a stock motor... I have BBK long tubes. I think they are really nice for the money. At your power level, an off X pipe & stock headers will probably make around the same power as long tubes though.

Thanks. Do you happen to know anyone that has gone above 11 psi on a stock motor? And what their results were? And you really think an offroad x pipe instead of doing headers as well would be all that I would need? That would definitely save me some money :) Also would just the x pipe need another tune?

Last edited:

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
I ran 11psi on my stock motor for most of last year. With a little race gas mixed in I ran 10.60's @ 131mph... Some people push the stock motor above 11psi to try to run 9's. Most of them plan on building the motor anyway, so if it blows it's not unexpected...

11sec_lx has gone 9.90's @ 138mph this year with just cat deletes from Jegs & GT500 mufflers...

Last edited:

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Honestly these are questions for your tuner to answer for you, and with a decent tune that edlebrock SC isn't going to make enough power to blow up your stock motor.

Quad4_72

Established Member
Honestly these are questions for your tuner to answer for you, and with a decent tune that edlebrock SC isn't going to make enough power to blow up your stock motor.

Well I guess it is a moot point now anyways, because i dropped the car off today at the EDP shop down the road from me to get a turbo kit put on with an E85 tune lol.

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
Wow! That wasn't long... 9 months ago you swore by the Edlebrock and your already giving up on it! Not trying to bust your balls, but what's up with that?

Quad4_72

Established Member
Wow! That wasn't long... 9 months ago you swore by the Edlebrock and your already giving up on it! Not trying to bust your balls, but what's up with that?

Don't get me wrong, Edelbrock is an awesome kit. I had a great time with it and would recommend it to others. But I feel like I want a bit more and I want to see what a turbo feels like. Sure I could have gone with a smaller pulley, full exhaust, etc. But I decided I would rather put my money towards trying a turbo. I ran with a guy last weekend who had the EDP kit on the lowest boost setting and he beat me handily. The start was close but the high end of the turbo destroyed me. And also the thing just sounded awesome. So I made the decision to give it a go. There is so much potential with turbos and much more room for expansion. I already have a buyer lined up for the Edelbrock to offset the cost too. And Danny, the guy who owns the EDP shop, has his kit on a GT with stock internals and they ran a 9.9! And it is her daily driver haha.

I have been wondering about the turbo thing for a while and seeing the EDP kit in action was kinda the kick in the ass to get me to pull the trigger. Having his shop 5 minutes down the road from me was a big plus too. I leave for Australia in two days, so when I get back on the 23rd of July the thing will be ready to go. Perfect timing to get work done! I will probably throw up a thread to let you know how it goes!

Users who are viewing this thread