Thinking about going to a solid year.

lRageATMl

GO TERPS!
Established Member
Mrcobraguy said:
Thinking about going to a solid rear what do you guys think. http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156126

the eaisest thing to do is find a 99+ GT or Mach 1 to trade with. i traded with a 01 gt, kept his brakes, bought maximum motorsports drag lower control arms, and a magnaflow catback. the next thing to worry about is the drive shaft...i swapped pinon flanges some people swap the ujoints and yokes.

then for the build up...i have a ford trak lok with extra clutch packs (built by hermann), 31 spline strange axles, welded torque boxes, welded axle tubes, and i put a set of 3.73's in there as well.

all in all, it cost me out of my pocket 2000 bucks for all the parts (includes the control arms, and exhuast). I still need to get a girdle though that will fit there with my panhard bar and torque arm (not included in price above).

Mrcobraguy

Established Member
Ya but i want to keep the irs so 20 years down the road if the car is worth a crap load i can return it to stock. I don't know still trying to figure out what way i want to go.

Hissssnsvt

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
Well the Poll is up to 13 to 8 in favor of going solid rear..

Again, it all depends on what you plan on doing with the car and how much you'll willing to spend.

Users who are viewing this thread