Thinking about going matte red on 2013 5.0

Chrisc35

Established Member
Hey guys got a buddy of mine to sponsor my 2013 5.0 local shop in SoCal seen his work I like it it's a free paint job what you guys think should i pull the plug and doit?thinking about keeping the car so don't really care about the value of the car what you guys think

He's done a bunch of cars love there art work what you guys think

Last edited:

Chrisc35

Established Member
I can do any color but I like the matte red kinda like this
29B39438-76B5-4D76-AF93-529965B6F0AD-3905-000002A4D9750D05.jpg

FIVEHOE

Established Member
I'd say go for it. But that picture you posted doesn't really look matte red, either that or they added a clear coat to make it shiny.

Nice thing about vinyl is you can always rip it off if you don't like it... And seeing as to how your getting it done for free why not try out a color you don't see too often?

very highly considering wrapping my mustang in this color matte blue
Matte-Blue-Mercedes-Benz-CL63-AMG-on-ADV1-Wheels.jpg

altho I've seen matte black, and matte orange that looked pretty sick as well. And the chrome vinyl wrap series looks pretty sick as well, altho I'm not sure how good it would look when using heat to pull and contort it

popular_chrome_colors.jpg

FIVEHOE

Established Member
wow I feel dumb after re-reading the OP. I need to stop posting at night XD

I definitely thought your friend was gonna wrap your car for you, but paint..... thats a whole different playing field. If your friend is going to use your car to 'show case' his art then that would be a red flag for me..... why not have him use his own car????

the shitty thing about paint is that if he ****s up or doesn't turn out how you want then your stuck with it.

I'd probably go with a big NO on this one.

And like the dude above me said, matte colors usually tend to look absolutely terrible unless your having the paint job performed by a professional whose dealt heavily with matte colors, and those jobs cost big $$$$$

Last edited:

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
Don't paint your brand new car matte red. Do a wrap if you want to do something.

Sublime302

teamROVOS
Established Member
i would kill to have a vinyl shop sponsor me.. i would LOVE to do a wrap on my car. I also am in love with the matte blue color as well.

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
And, if you are sold on a matte job. Get something with pearl or a metallic. Trust me, I looked at thousands of pictures of matte jobs, because I was going to do it to my wagon. The pearls and metallics glow wonderfully.....if they are done right, and I mean right.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Your choice do as you feel you should. As for me I would not do it.

Users who are viewing this thread