Thinking about going from stick to auto

03blkann

Established Member
I've been thinking about swapping over from the stick in my car to an automatic set up. Just wondering the value of my stick set up. Dss driveshaft , brand new rxt clutch and 50000 on the transmission

RI GT500

Established Member
FB 4R75W manual vb complete kit. I am very happy I did. I tightened up the converter over the winter and it's perfect now (to loose before). Very fun to drive and Pete at Performance Dyno (great guy!) gave me a fresh tune (687rwhp) going to the track asap.

RI GT500

Established Member
I got a few upgrades and if I remember correctly it was in the $6,500 range for complete kit minus the driveshaft. In the end i'm very happy with the car, FB. I made one converter change and that was it. I'd do it again with out reservations...

RI GT500

Established Member
No problem I'm home recovering from small surgery , PM me if you want to talk on the phone

fauls gt500

Established Member
FB 4R75W manual vb complete kit. I am very happy I did. I tightened up the converter over the winter and it's perfect now (to loose before). Very fun to drive and Pete at Performance Dyno (great guy!) gave me a fresh tune (687rwhp) going to the track asap.
what blower you using and what year car i did same swap and love it like you said just got to get the converter down to 5% slip also whos converter are you using

RI GT500

Established Member
I'm running a VMP blower, and it just made 687 rwhp on pump fuel. I'm very happy with it now. I'm running a FB kit with his tq converter. I'm not sure on slip % yet but I know it's far better now lol

03blkann

Established Member
I have a bps blower and everything to go with it. And mine is a 2007. I'm really leaning towards doing the swap over soon but I would love to have my stuff gone first

fauls gt500

Established Member
I'm running a VMP blower, and it just made 687 rwhp on pump fuel. I'm very happy with it now. I'm running a FB kit with his tq converter. I'm not sure on slip % yet but I know it's far better now lol
i run same trans but a ptc converter still on stock eaton 620s rwhp on 93 pump and low 700rwhp on e 85 another trick you can do to tighten up the converter is run john dear hydrolic fluid instead of atf car is a beast with the auto thank you freddy brown performnace

Blackmax

Established Member
Seems the Caitlyn Jenner swap is getting more popular all the time.Talk to someone that has actually done it before deciding.

Users who are viewing this thread