Thinking about getting rid of my Sportlines

phfelts

Established Member
As that title says, I'm thinking about swapping out my Sportline lowering springs. I love the stance they give the car, but ever since I got stationed in Hawaii I've been dodging massive potholes and rough roads that bottom out the car, and scraping on speed bumps that are unreasonable plump. I'm curious what some of you guys might recommend. I'm looking to raise the car a little to help clear the larger speed bumps, and just overall ride better.

I've thought about air bags, but the cost worries me and I wonder how durable they are in the long run. I've also considered coil-overs, so I could raise it to a better height for now, and lower it if/when I move somewhere with better roads. I'm honestly leaning more towards just swapping springs for now. I know BMR makes good stuff, so I'd be curious to hear the ride difference between their drop springs and their handling springs. Experiences with other springs are also very welcome, thanks!

FIVEHOE

Established Member
I feel your pain. I have to go over 8 speed bumps everytime I leave or enter my apartment complex....

I'm sure you could go airbags but I'm pretty sure it is one of those things where quality depends on how much you are willing to spend. The only car I've ridden in with airbags rode like complete shit on the road. It was pretty much only for show. Granted I'm sure this system wasn't anything of quality.

phfelts

Established Member
Well the new Air Lift kit looks pretty good, and I like the adjustability of it, but I can't help but wonder how the bags will hold up after a few years of use. I've heard those kits ride pretty well also, it's just hard to get past that $3k price tag...especially when my car still needs boost! :coolman:

ZincYellowGT281

Established Member
Maybe trade someone for the eibach pro-kit? Oh wait, I have the pro kit lol.

I feel you on the harsh ride, I had the sportlines on my old mustang and it was rough. I ended up scraping the cats so much that they got damaged.

Users who are viewing this thread