Thinking about get a diesel truck.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Go drive each of them and decide.

The 6.7L is the best thing since the 7.3L IMO.

Troponin

Established Member
I just came out of an LML. I prefer the LML Over the LMM, but the LMM still isn't bad. The LML runs amazingly.

Unfortunately, I can't personally tell you the differences between the LMM/LML to the other trucks of that year though. I just know the LML was a hell of a contender for the 2011+ diesels. Could have been a different story pre-2011

steeltoe

Established Member
I just came out of an LML. I prefer the LML Over the LMM, but the LMM still isn't bad. The LML runs amazingly.

Unfortunately, I can't personally tell you the differences between the LMM/LML to the other trucks of that year though. I just know the LML was a hell of a contender for the 2011+ diesels. Could have been a different story pre-2011

I meant LML I got them backwards.

NlGHTMARE

Banned
In before the obligatory "most diesel trucks will never be used the way they were intended for" crowd.

I have a 2013 6.7 and I love it. All I do is cruise mall parking lots and pick up scandalous women.

Matts00GT

Mongoloid Mike
Established Member
In before the obligatory "most diesel trucks will never be used the way they were intended for" crowd.

I have a 2013 6.7 and I love it. All I do is cruise mall parking lots and pick up scandalous women.

Makes for an expensive toy.

steeltoe

Established Member

It's going to be my primary DD but I also plan on towing with it.

If you look at truck prices you can get a new F-150 or GM 1500 for about the same price as a CPO 6.7L or LML.

Givens

I wanna go fast
Established Member
I have a 2012 f250 6.7 the truck is great, I have about 1500 pounds in the back all the time. If your hauling any kind of weight get the f350 cause they made the 250's with some weak springs in the rear. My 99 and 06 f250 weren't like that, I guess they made them that way for all the doctors and lawyers so they would ride good its a joke if you ask me.

Truck pulls like a champ and I have the delete with a Spartan tuner, I leave it on the 40 hp tune, but if you turn it up it will roll on.

Stanley

Established Member
Premium Member

I bought an '03 Duramax from a friend and found out that diesel trucks are more fun than I thought they would be.

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member
Lml vs lmm. Lml runs cp4 which is insanely expensive to fix if it goes out. Some guys will actually revert back to the older cp3. You will have def and DPF unless you tune them out. Lmm is usually regarded as much easier to tune (I.e. A true efi live tunable truck). Lml however has the better trans that is,known for holding a little more power.

6.7 is a great looking truck....Prob the best to me. However the 6.7 isn't problem free and you will hear ford techs admitting that. The LML is very reliable. No more Injector issues that plagued the very early Duramaxs. The lml also makes great power easily....you'd have to try not to make 400rwhp on a normal tune.

Lml also got 8x180 lug pattern which is largest on market. It also got a different suspension than would most would call the 01-10 style as lml started in 2011.

steeltoe

Established Member
Lml vs lmm. Lml runs cp4 which is insanely expensive to fix if it goes out. Some guys will actually revert back to the older cp3. You will have def and DPF unless you tune them out. Lmm is usually regarded as much easier to tune (I.e. A true efi live tunable truck). Lml however has the better trans that is,known for holding a little more power.

6.7 is a great looking truck....Prob the best to me. However the 6.7 isn't problem free and you will hear ford techs admitting that. The LML is very reliable. No more Injector issues that plagued the very early Duramaxs. The lml also makes great power easily....you'd have to try not to make 400rwhp on a normal tune.

Lml also got 8x180 lug pattern which is largest on market. It also got a different suspension than would most would call the 01-10 style as lml started in 2011.

I'm not very concerned about how they perform with tunes. This truck will must likely stay stock.

Troponin

Established Member
I bought an '03 Duramax from a friend and found out that diesel trucks are more fun than I thought they would be.

Yep. When I test drove my LML, I coulnd't believe how well it ran. It pulled harder than even the new 6.2 in the 1500 by a lot.

Just be prepared to do fuel work if you want to make it run really fast. GM made the lift pump and other parts of the fuel system smaller than the previous LMM's system. They are good for about 80hp, but beyond that you need to start upgrading the fuel system. A lift pump is a good start, but they aren't cheap. If you decide to upgrade the fuel system, you better hang on after that. Downpipe and you're getting close to 12s.

Svtkidd23

#4THGEARMATTERS
Established Member
I like the duramaxes but the 6.7 powerstroke is a beast.

The 6.7 cummins 2012+ is a bad ass mother ****er. And I hate a dodge with a passion. The interiors are sub par, seats are comfy and the power curve is insane. Low end torque at what 1600rpm is insane

The 6.7 powerstroke is very comfy and interior are amazing but the grill seems still to much plastic for me

steeltoe

Established Member
I like the duramaxes but the 6.7 powerstroke is a beast.

The 6.7 cummins 2012+ is a bad ass mother ****er. And I hate a dodge with a passion. The interiors are sub par, seats are comfy and the power curve is insane. Low end torque at what 1600rpm is insane

The 6.7 powerstroke is very comfy and interior are amazing but the grill seems still to much plastic for me

But that's all Ford grills in their trucks. My Raptor's grill was huge but because it wasn't all chromed out like the Super Duty it didn't bother me. Most likely I will do something to the nose to tone down the grill.

GreggsSVT

Established Member
I own a 2014 6.7 and think its a great engine so far with only 2800 miles. I do own a 7.3 and 2 Duramaxes . I think the Duramax is a very durable engine and so is the 7.3. I like the 6.7 but all of the emissions scares me. I feel it would be a good investment to purchase an extended warranty based on the cost of any future repairs.

Users who are viewing this thread