Thinking About Buying a Raptor, Few Questions.

nxs450

Kanas SVT Poster
Established Member
I have a 2003 Cobra that I am thinking about selling so I can purchase a used Raptor. What are some of the things I need to look for when purchasing one? I am looking to spend around 35k or less and have seen a few going for that. Examples on ebay now 2010 Supercabs with 5.4's. I was thinking that I would like to have the 6.2, and later add SC.

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
I'd skip the 5.4 (unless you like E-85) and go for the 6.2.

Make sure all the box sides and corners line up. Check to see if any noticeable areas of the frame are bent. Check the front skid for damage. Check the diffs for leaks.

If that stuff checks out, you should be good to go.

nxs450

Kanas SVT Poster
Established Member
So I need to make sure the truck hasn't been abused off road etc? If buying from out of state that may be a challenge. E85 is a option, I run it on my Cobra and is readily available.

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
I would try to go with the 6.2
And check the corners of the bed against the cab as stated.
Its a used car, so it will have had some "fun"
Great trucks none the less

kcsvt94l

1D 10 T Error
Established Member
What's frustrating is about 2 years ago you could pick up some 2010's for 27-28k with 30-40k. Now, they've sky rocketed you can't touch a raptor for much less than 35k :/ Supply and Demand I reckon. Not sure about you guys but I continually see them in Suburban areas looking spot free 99% of the time. Matter of fact I've only seen a dirty one in videos and pictures. See several Suit and Tie guys pulling into parking garages with them, LOL! Between that and Mercenary Jeeps I'm not sure which is worse. Go drive the thing for what it was designed for!!

RocketSurgeon

Established Member
Most of them that I see here in CO are pretty dirty. It'd be a shame to own one and not put it to its intended use.

Users who are viewing this thread