Thinking about a rebuild

BTSMUSTANG

Established Member
Ive got a 99 cobra with just over 130k miles, Ive starting getting smoke on start up as well as smoke while driving. Did a compression test and it came back good, not great. So I think my valve seals are leaking as well as my rings might be starting to go.

So, Ive been thinking of a rebuild, forged internals and 03 cobra heads.

I found a set of 03 cobra heads for sale near by with 26k miles on them, is it worth it to get them rebuilt? Kinda want to just start fresh with a rebuilt motor but maybe not worth it to rebuild the heads?

Still a lot of research to do...........

01yellercobra

Established Member
It really depends on what you plan to do. Are you looking for a high horsepower boosted motor? Or do you want a stock rebuild with a little more pep?

BTSMUSTANG

Established Member
My goals for the car is to stay N/A, its my semi daily driver. Ive done a lot to the car so far, longtubes, gears, intake, tune etc, she's 319/315 at the wheels on a mustang dyno as off a few months ago. I'd like to rebuild it so it will last another 130k miles or more but rebuild it stronger and better.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Why not look into the Aluminator? One of the mags swapped one into a Mach and with upgraded cams and PSR it made around 370rwhp IIRC correctly.

Users who are viewing this thread